Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] No data recorded!
No data recorded!
Hi all,

Feeling frustrated today as I planned to be a bit more vigilant in monitoring my progress. I took snapshots of the time when I wake up in the middle of the night and I was going to compare it to my CPAP data to see if they coincided with my apneas/hypopneas. When I checked this morning there was no data!

Could it be because when I woke up this morning I forgot to turn off the machine? I just turned off the power source directly (to non-Aussies here in the forum our power points (sockets) here all have a switch). Uh was feeling really groggy and I just wanted to catch a few minutes of sleep without the machine on, which admittedly felt worse than not having the machine.

Thanks!!!!
AHI of <5 since starting CPAP. Lowest recorded AHI is 0.9!!!

Sleep-well
Sleep apnea, we will beat you!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: No data recorded!
I'm familiar with your sockets. UK is similar but the prongs are at a different angle.
I guess the switch at the plug is intended for energy conservation.

But, I am not familiar with your machine. I suppose the way you depowered the unit could have resulted in data loss.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2015, 03:47 PM)aussiefilo Wrote: When I checked this morning there was no data!
No data on the machine or SH - or both

Post Reply Post Reply
Turning off power at the source will prevent most, if not all machines from recording the nightly data. Data is written when the machine is turned off at the power button, indicating the end of a therapy session. Many machines have a display indication that they are writing data shortly after the machine is turned off or a data card is inserted. This error was self-inflicted.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good to know, thank you!

(07-18-2015, 04:20 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Turning off power at the source will prevent most, if not all machines from recording the nightly data. Data is written when the machine is turned off at the power button, indicating the end of a therapy session. Many machines have a display indication that they are writing data shortly after the machine is turned off or a data card is inserted. This error was self-inflicted.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
On the AirSesne 10, there is SD card light flashes after the machine is turned off
Removing the SD card or turn off the machine while the light flashing, might results in some data loss
ResMed say, wait at least 2 minutes after turn off the machine, before removing the SD card

Post Reply Post Reply
Both!

(07-18-2015, 04:14 PM)zonk Wrote:
(07-18-2015, 03:47 PM)aussiefilo Wrote: When I checked this morning there was no data!
No data on the machine or SH - or both

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  30 second apnea with no event recorded - please explain tcinoz 0 77 04-08-2024, 03:47 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
Surprised 20 minutes recorded for full night's sleep Deborah K. 10 651 01-06-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSA events mistakenly recorded as central? esaulcatnas 0 330 12-14-2023, 09:21 PM
Last Post: esaulcatnas
  [CPAP] WORST SLEEP APNEA IN RECORDED HISTORY, plzzz help! memoryNada786 23 2,906 09-11-2023, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Mjadalak
  Higher CA recorded in second half of sleep Ron R 1 365 07-21-2023, 07:39 AM
Last Post: SleepyinMTL
  Are my apnea events being accurately recorded? vontheri 90 5,856 12-31-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Pappy15
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,689 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.