Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Nuance Pro headgear question
Nuance Pro headgear question
I have a question about the gel pads on this mask. On my masks the gel pads fall out long before the mask wears out. Are these things stuck on with some kind of adhesive? Or do they slide into the slot somehow in a way that I am just not seeing? When they hit me up to buy new supplies they offer new gel pads. But I am reluctant to buy gel pads that are just going to fall off quickly. Has anyone tried to glue them back on?

That's about it. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nuance Pro headgear question
If your talking about the pillows you have to replace the whole pillow not just the gel part. Same with the frame. Here's a video that might help you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOfcCNvk9Mk
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I've used super glue to put the pads back in.  I put on very small drops of the glue spread around the pad lip, then held the pad to the mask with light pressure for 10 or 20 seconds. Worked well until I received new replacement masks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-25-2018, 10:06 AM)Mustang Wrote: I've used super glue to put the pads back in.  I put on very small drops of the glue spread around the pad lip, then held the pad to the mask with light pressure for 10 or 20 seconds. Worked well until I received new replacement masks.

X2. It’s time to replace the frame when it gets to this point.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ThurtyYeers,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck as you continue CPAP therapy, hang in there for more answers to your question.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-25-2018, 10:06 AM)Mustang Wrote: I've used super glue to put the pads back in.  I put on very small drops of the glue spread around the pad lip, then held the pad to the mask with light pressure for 10 or 20 seconds. Worked well until I received new replacement masks.

Thanks for all the replies.  My Gel Pads fall out long before the rest of the mask gets worn out.  I just thought it was curious that the people from whom I got my machine offer to sell replacement gel pads.

(01-26-2018, 07:29 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi ThurtyYeers,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck as you continue CPAP therapy, hang in there for more answers to your question.

Thanks!

I joined several weeks ago and lurked, but figured that it was time to post some questions that have bothered me since I first got the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Headgear for very large heads NogginOff 1 31 2 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 8 1,660 01-13-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
Question [Equipment] Is the headgear on AirFit N20 the same as AirFit F20? James87 4 441 01-12-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: labrat
  P10 Headgear paulag1955 2 355 12-14-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  F&P Solo Headgear Columbiabill 1 476 12-09-2023, 01:25 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  [Equipment] Resmed N30i/P30i headgear sleeve issues Himrent 1 423 11-23-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Adaptor to fix a Evora headgear on a Brevida mask BeauPetitNez 3 1,011 03-02-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Nickman111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.