Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Nuance vs Airfit
RE: Nuance vs Airfit
(04-05-2014, 06:14 PM)Gabby Wrote: Last night with Airfit my AHI was 1.2 but my leaks were up and were 12 in the 95%.
I know 12 is ok as that is half under the 24 but I still find it a concern.
Should I find 12 a concern or not worry about it?
I had a bit of trouble adjusting the Airfit before I was settled last night.

As I have said previously I really want this mask to work.

Also what does it mean when you have red marks on your face? I used to wake up with red face before masks and now I sometimes still do, with masks.
Just wondering as I have heard red marks mentioned before on here.

Nah, twelve is good. Just keep an eye on it. The 95% leak is the most important. The max would be a spike like if you took it off to adjust or something.

Red marks are just from the headgear. The more sensitive your skin, the more likely you'll get them. Sometimes it's just on the side you last slept on. Or it could be on both if the headgear is too tight or you have very sensitive skin.

I had a very tender spot on my head for several days, this was a while back. I couldn't figure out from what. We finally figured out there was a twist in the headgear that was pressing against me during the night.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2014, 08:15 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Payton, I've had that condensation noise before, too. But this is when I first put the mask on.

One size likes you better than the others and so it whistles at you. Lol

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2014, 08:21 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:
(04-05-2014, 06:14 PM)Gabby Wrote: Last night with Airfit my AHI was 1.2 but my leaks were up and were 12 in the 95%.
I know 12 is ok as that is half under the 24 but I still find it a concern.
Should I find 12 a concern or not worry about it?
I had a bit of trouble adjusting the Airfit before I was settled last night.

As I have said previously I really want this mask to work.

Also what does it mean when you have red marks on your face? I used to wake up with red face before masks and now I sometimes still do, with masks.
Just wondering as I have heard red marks mentioned before on here.

Nah, twelve is good. Just keep an eye on it. The 95% leak is the most important. The max would be a spike like if you took it off to adjust or something.

Red marks are just from the headgear. The more sensitive your skin, the more likely you'll get them. Sometimes it's just on the side you last slept on. Or it could be on both if the headgear is too tight or you have very sensitive skin.

I had a very tender spot on my head for several days, this was a while back. I couldn't figure out from what. We finally figured out there was a twist in the headgear that was pressing against me during the night.

Thanks Paula. I'm sorry you have had trouble with the Airfit. I must say I notice noises I haven't noticed with other masks and there is like a faint whistle in the background. I can't make out if it is coming from the machine or the mask, I think from the machine.
I really like the feel of this mask but I do wish they made the headband adjustable.
I have a Nuance Pro here waiting to try but I want to give this my all first. So I will keep going. Not sure whether to go back to the small pillow or order the large?
I'll probably do both. It's just a shame they are so expensive.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
The two masks are very much alike. I was really disappointed in the Airfit. I liked the Nuance right out of the box. There were some fiddling in the beginning, no more than with any other mask, then it was zzzzzzzzzzz.

The biggest positive difference between the Airfit and any other mask is the way it does its exhaust. It is really diffused, so much so that even right up against the sheets, and it's not making a sound. A user can once again cuddle a partner and not freeze the back of their head with the cyclone!

It's as if the nose piece team did all the work and the headgear team went out to play paintball then threw something together at the last minute. ResMed had no choice but to go with it. Which is sad because, in my opinion, it ruins an otherwise decent mask.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I gave it a try but the Airfit just isn't going to work for me. Everything else I can kinda tolerate but two things:

The weird, unadjustable headgear
The struggle to breathe out

I even sat up with it on today to try and get used to it but couldn't. I lay awake for nearly half an hour last night before I was able to go to sleep. I just could not breathe.

Today I sat on the edge of the bed and switched between the Nuance and the Airfit. Really, they both fit about the same, taking the headgear out of the equation. The Airfit goes further into the nostrils. When I put the Nuance back on, it felt great. I had forgotten how much I liked that. The Airfit MASK seemed to need very little adjusting once it was on but the HEADGEAR took all that away. The Nuance was the opposite. Got the headgear on right away, had to fiddle with the nose pieces. But then I'm not using the right size nose pieces for the Nuance since my regular size sprung a literal leak.

So back to the Nuance I go.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 20 1,458 03-17-2024, 06:47 PM
Last Post: mecutl3r
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,786 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,541 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 268 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 947 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,079 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 19 4,328 01-26-2024, 11:44 PM
Last Post: JoeP

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.