Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Nuance vs Airfit
Nuance vs Airfit
Just called "Bless his heart Ron", the guy that handles my supplies.

He said (and remember, I call him Bless His Heart Ron for a reason) that users are liking the Nuance over the Airfit so much that they only keep a few on hand. He had to send someone to even see if they had any. He said that those who used the Nuance first then tried the Airfit, went back to the Nuance. And those that used the Airfit first and then tried the Nuance, stuck with the Nuance.

So we'll see. I should get it (the Airfit) in about 3 days. I'd get it today if they didn't insist on sending it FedEx versus me driving the 20 minutes to their office to pick it up. Sigh. I have a week or so to try it out.

Edit: Yeah, for a writer, I did write that pretty bad! What I mean is: I have the Nuance and am getting the Airfit to try.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nuance vs Airfit
Nuance or Nuance Pro?

Nuance == fabric frame
Nuance Pro == silicone frame

Sounds nice actually. Is this a newly released design or has it been around?

The description sounds like these were designed to directly challenge the AirFit P10.

The adjustable headgear is going to win for some people.

The Gel pillows look interesting.

The gel frame of the Pro does also.

Microport exhaust sounds like a direct competitor to the P10.

It does look a little less "minimalist" than the P10 but if it improves in other areas and doesn't add much then it might be as good as or superior to the P10, especially for people who don't fit the P10. Smile

Too bad they wouldn't let you take custody today. Smile
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh swell. My new P10 just showed up today. And already there's something better... Swell...... Tomorrow my new Quattro Air FFM shows up......... Let's not check with your guy to see if there is something better. Already I'm torn, torn I say,,, as to whether or not use the P10 until the ffm comes, or wait and use the ffm and keep the P10 for holidays. What to do, what to do...................
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using the Nuance Pro for just over a month and I like it. I haven't used anything else, but wearing it isn't bad at all. I used my first nasal cushions for about a month. Finally got some replacements from my equipment provider. I would say for me, that they were like new for up to about the 3 week point. 4 was pushing it just a bit.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmm. I tried the Nuance and went back to the Swift FX, then went to the AirFit. Didn't really care for the Nuance at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry for the confusion. I have the Nuance now and like it. I want to try the Airfit.

I have the Nuance Pro and really don't care for the gel/plastic straps. That's going to get hot come summer.

Everything else about the Nuance, I do like and had no problems right up until I gave everything a good washing. Then it went to heck. The back strap got all weird and the one nose pillow sprung a leak. I'm used to being able to scrub pillows hard, I guess.

(I'll update the first post to state which one I am trying)
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
eviltim,

Would you please contrast and compare the main differences that caused you to go back to the Swift and then to prefer the P10?

Likely, these really excellent masks will evoke differing opinions by various people so nothing the features or problems that made the difference might allow us to predict what *we* would think of the same comparison.

(E.g., I don't care about the non-adjustable strap on the P10 since it fits me perfectly -- someone at Resmed must have snuck a mold of my head to design the darn thing. Others would find this a deal breaker.)

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

Post Reply Post Reply
I prefer both the Swift FX and the AirFit to the Nuance. The Nuance basically seemed like a Swift FX that didn't fit me well, the gel inserts seemed to serve no purpose (it still left mask marks on my face and I still would've needed to use a mask liner). The AirFit is nicer than the Swift FX because of its diffused exhale port, lightweight frame and the pillows being easy to disconnect means I wash them every morning. I was worried about the straps stretching out over time or not holding the mask tightly enough to my head, but they seem to have held up and I've been using the AirFit basically every day since it was released. They are *somewhat* adjustable since you can adjust the distance between the two straps but yeah, if you have a particularly large or small head it could be a problem. I also don't have to use a mask liner with the AirFit, and I did with the Swift FX.
Post Reply Post Reply
It never occurred to me that the easy off pillows of the Airfit were a big deal. I figured that all/most similar masks would over that.

Basically, I just pop the pillows off and put them in the sync under hot water while I go to the bathroom.

Shake them semi-dry and set them on a little stand I use to dry.

That's it.

Occasionally, I carefully rise out the pigtail hose and wash the little platform that joins the pillows, hose, and head strap.

55 days and no issue. I am not sure that I have more than about 25 days on the "small pillows" though. At first, I wore the medium or even large quite a bit, but then finally decided the small were best for AHI and were comfortable 'enough'.

They small pillows seem fine, but if they wear out then the medium will work Ok until a replacement arrives.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM

Post Reply Post Reply
I had the Nuance (fabric frame) before I got the AirFit. I didn't like the Nuance because it just wasn't comfortable and it seemed like I was continually fussing with it to try and make it fit better. I've been on cpap for almost 5 years and had several nasal pillow masks before the Nuance and AirFit and none of them annoyed me the way the Nuance did. I actually got so annoyed with the Nuance one night, that I got up, took the mask off and threw it in the trash can.

The only thing that I've noticed with the AirFit, and probably this doesn't bother anyone else, is that the mask fits different now that I've had my spring/summer haircut. I like the fact that the nasal pillow on the AirFit just "snaps" on and I don't have to struggle getting it onto the mask frame.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 139 35,520 04-12-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 72 5,536 04-08-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,473 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,903 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 7,261 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,707 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 358 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.