Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] On off switch
Question 
On off switch
I've been using the ResMed S10 happily for 7 months now.
CPAP has changed my life.
BUT went to press the OFF button this morning and got no response.
I eventually removed the power cord. Any suggests as to probale cause for this fault.
Is it me or the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: On off switch
Could be either one. Smile

In the short term you can enable SmartStart and the machine will turn on when you breath into your mask and off after a few seconds of removing your mask. If it is paid by insurance or otherwise covered under warranty you can get it repaired.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Your first step is to unplug the power cord and replug it back in. If it still doesn't work, then you need to think about repairs. Do you have a backup unit? You could be without your unit for a couple of weeks, so plan ahead. If you bought your unit from a local DME, your DME MAY provide you a backup unit while yours is sent in for warranty repair. Call and find out. If they don't provide a backup unit, and you don't have anything and are not getting anything, then I suggest you look to one of the repair suppliers listed in the Supplier section. While the unit must be sent into Resmed, some folks have reported getting their machine back much faster than if sent through the DME. YMMV.

This is why everybody keeps telling me to get a backup. Smile I'm sure they are right.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd plug it in and give it another try. And like the others have said, it should be under warranty. The problem will be what to do while without one.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yep. Should be covered under warranty. I don't think any S-10s are ole enough yet to be out of warranty coverage, assuming you are the original purchaser. Don't know if warranty would extend to subsequent owner/user. Contact the DME you got it from. Pushing a button and failure to go off is NOT a user issue, it is a hardware issue (unless theuser is unable to fully push the button, but then that user couldn't turn the unit on, could he?)

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
When my machine had issues, they exchanged it and sent the machine with issues back to the manufacturer (Resmed). That is what you can ask for too. The DME was moving slowly so I called Resmed and got the auth number for the DME and then went to the DME and got a new unit which they had to replace because the tech was packing it up after testing it to make sure all was well and he left the chamber in with water and water went all over the unit.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 - Bright light from on/off switch Dagmar 6 11,080 03-03-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: E.W.
  Switch to AirSense VAuto for UARS/low AHI lexit957 1 303 01-22-2024, 09:18 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Switch to memory foam cushion? Toddsims 4 516 12-28-2023, 12:14 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question [CPAP] Waking at night with headache, switch from nasal to full face mask. new2paphopeful 1 626 07-23-2023, 07:51 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] ResMed AirSense 10 On-Off Switch Fix Quantum Mechanic 2 4,721 05-22-2023, 05:56 PM
Last Post: foolio
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 9 1,096 05-18-2023, 01:22 PM
Last Post: manders513
  UARS: Switch from APAP to BiPAP? lattie 3 1,077 03-13-2023, 04:36 PM
Last Post: lattie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.