Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Owner Repair: Have You Tried It?:help:
Owner Repair: Have You Tried It?:help:
Help 
I have a Phillips machine with a leaking O-ring or seal somewhere inside and I'm dying to take the machine apart and fix it. But I've searched the boards and don't see where anyone has repaired their own CPAP machine. I also don't see any links to repair manuals. 
Is this because CPAP machines are unrepairable? Or is there something else that keeps members from cracking open the case to poke around inside?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Owner Repair: Have You Tried It?:help:
Didn't stop me from opening my own machine.  It was a ResMed though.
I didn't come across any "O" rings, mostly just push connections (pipes) and easily snapped clips of the motor and fan.
Few electronics and that is about it.  Makes you wonder where they justify the price.

If you are not confident with these things you might break something.
Chances are it is a connection or maybe a small silicone pipe that has split inside.
They will not send you a bit for it I wouldn't think as they have a closed market and will only repair it themselves.
However, if it is a spare machine and you are confident at looking inside electronic things you might find something that might fix it.

If it is not a spare machine, get it repaired, it is not worth it as the manufacturer might not look at it if a seal is broken.

I don't know how things are where you are, but here, if the warranty seal is broken they will not look at it, even outside warranty.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Great info. Thanks. It is my only unit so maybe I'll see if it can be fixed by the supplier. Otherwise, I'll just dive in and see what happens.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have a Philips Respironics System One 60 Series auto, and there are several silicone seals that are easily replaced. First, in the humidifier section is the "Dry Box Seal & Inlet Seal for PR System One Heated Humidifier" which you can find on Supplier #1 for only $4.95 plus shipping. The "Humidifier Elbow Seal for PR System One 60 and 50 Series Machines" is on the same site for $5.95. That covers all of the seals that are easily replaced between the flow generator and humidifier outlet. I'm not aware of any other seals in the flow generator, so this should solve any problems you are experiencing. I have replaced all of these seals, especially in used machines where smoke odor is present. Replacing the seals usually fixes that problem.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, I think I’ll give it a try
Post Reply Post Reply
I usually end up with spare parts............... Annoyed-and-disappointed
Post Reply Post Reply
It is inevitable isn't it? I guess if it still works it wasn't needed in the first place.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2018, 03:47 PM)fortywinks Wrote: Help 
I have a Phillips machine with a leaking O-ring or seal somewhere inside and I'm dying to take the machine apart and fix it. But I've searched the boards and don't see where anyone has repaired their own CPAP machine. I also don't see any links to repair manuals. 
Is this because CPAP machines are unrepairable? Or is there something else that keeps members from cracking open the case to poke around inside?

There are repair manuals in the “Private Files and Links Forum.”
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just curious about what model of ResMed you opened up.  I lifted all of the screws I could seen on my AirSense 10 (trying to fix a sound that reminds me of a faint, high pitched whining noise from a table saw blade when I inhale through the mask); but was then afraid of trying to separate plastic coverings for fear of breaking a tab or clip. No repair manuals are available as far as I can see.  

This is a very old original post so I don't really expect a fast reply, if any......

Thanks,

bulwinkle
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2019, 04:44 PM)bulwinklemoose Wrote: Just curious about what model of ResMed you opened up.  I lifted all of the screws I could seen on my AirSense 10 (trying to fix a sound that reminds me of a faint, high pitched whining noise from a table saw blade when I inhale through the mask); but was then afraid of trying to separate plastic coverings for fear of breaking a tab or clip. No repair manuals are available as far as I can see.  

This is a very old original post so I don't really expect a fast reply, if any......

Thanks,

bulwinkle

I had a similar noise on my ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset which got progressively louder over the course of several days.  It turned out to be a split in the silicone seal of the "Air Outlet Adapter", ResMed part # 37310, available for about $10 from many suppliers.  I used [/url][url=http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-CPAP-Supplier-List?pid=31#pid31]Supplier #1 

It's an easy fix -- just be sure to rotate the hose connection ring to line up with the adaptor in order to slide the old adapter out and the new adaptor in.

See the attached image for instructions -->

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Glad to Have a Back-up, RM 11 Sent Back for Repair somewherein413 4 151 04-04-2024, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Equipment] resmed apap repair sleeper2460 4 540 11-24-2023, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Nightynite
Money [CPAP] Repair Z1 or purchase Pilot-24 Lite Battery CJH1968 3 631 08-13-2023, 08:10 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Internal cpap repair parts mzipp 8 5,653 08-10-2023, 05:29 PM
Last Post: sms832
  Resmed BiPAP repair company in U.S? 17WRX 3 738 05-13-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Airfit P10 Repair JJJ 3 1,321 10-28-2022, 03:35 PM
Last Post: JungleJim
  Do it yourself REPAIR forum AC Hunter 1 935 09-14-2022, 09:28 PM
Last Post: snorin2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.