Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Oximeter
Wink 
Oximeter
I have purchased a Resmed S9 autoset without a humidifer and use a simplus full face mask. Now apparently the S9 has a oximeter adapter which I can purchase through the local CPAP direct store on the sunshine coast of Queensland Australia for about $80. I have been told that the resmed oximeter cost is about $800 . I have been told that I can connect a Nonin Xpod oximeter to this adapter so I can record the oxygen levels onto the data card I use for Therapy compliance. Can anyone confirm this or if not suggest a different approach. I would like to record data to the S9 because that way the info is all in one spot. I use Rescan software. Thank you.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oximeter
Hi Gavgaffa,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your questions and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2014, 05:13 AM)Gavgaffa Wrote: . . .
Now apparently the S9 has a oximeter adapter which I can purchase through the local CPAP direct store on the sunshine coast of Queensland Australia for about $80. I have been told that the resmed oximeter cost is about $800 . I have been told that I can connect a Nonin Xpod oximeter to this adapter so I can record the oxygen levels onto the data card I use for Therapy compliance.
. . .

Hi Gavgaffa,
I have been doing a good bit of research on oximeters recently, and your information agrees with what I have found, other than cost. Here in the US, the ResMed oximeter adapter is said to sell for about $400 (if you can find it), and the Nonin Xpod pushes the price well up over $1000. At that rate, most folk look for another path. I am currently looking at the "Overnight Oximeters" at Supplier #19. Some of these are compatible with Sleepyhead, although the data is not directly on the SD card: other procedures are used for transferring the data into Sleepyhead.

Good Luck with the oximeter, and with your therapy. Let us know how it works out.
A.Becker
Post Reply Post Reply
If they are really offering the Resmed oximeter for $80 I would be afraid to touch it for fear of burning my hands on a hot (stolen) item. I bought a CMS 50i from supplier 19. Only problem is Sleepyhead doesn't know how to read its format yet, but it comes with adequate software.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,223 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 91 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 151 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 204 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 674 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Is there a pulse oximeter that bluetooths to the Air11? cathyf 2 809 12-19-2023, 01:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Anyone Ever Had Insurance Cover Nightly Oximeter cmpman1974 35 2,872 12-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.