Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Oximeter Choice for All Night Tracking
Oximeter Choice for All Night Tracking
HI: I'm a Newbie. And, I need answers! :roll eyes:
Using ResMed S9 Elite for a year now, and wondering why the last 3-4 months my afternoons have become a grudge of tiredness.
SO: want to buy an oximetry unit to track my nighttime O2.
A strong believer in the number 3 or less means I don't want to search the sites (lazy?) over their thousands of oximetry units. Talk about ADD!
IF anyone is in this same boat (Titanic?) please let me know what you purchased and are you pleased... and, I thank you.

Also, tried the ResMed Software ResScan on Mac via Parallels and it crashed my Windows XP. (reason I've been on Macs since 1985 or so).

Thank you
Patrick
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oximeter Choice for All Night Tracking
If not mistaken ResScan does not work with Mac but SleepyHead does
you can get oximeter from Supplier #19 (supplier list)
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...er-CMS-50D
Post Reply Post Reply
Take a look at the reviews section. Several of us use these things. The reviews will say something about CMS (with numbers and letters but most are CMS 50something)

Supplier 19 like Zonk said has decent prices.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hit the post button too soon. sigh

Anyway, I don't have a data capable machine so I could only use the software that came with the oximeter. The wiki has two pages about it:
How to import the data into SleepyHead
and
How to use the SpO2 and the SpO2 Review software
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2012, 06:34 PM)Patrick Wrote: Also, tried the ResMed Software ResScan on Mac via Parallels and it crashed my Windows XP. (reason I've been on Macs since 1985 or so).

The released ResScan 3.16 SP-1 works well on my Win XP virtual machine running on Parallels 6 or Parallels 7.

I always start Parallels and my XP virtual machine before plugging in the card reader, and I open a ResScan patient before plugging in the data card.

More recently, using the SD card for the S9 machines rather than the older smart card used for the S8 machines, I have found that it is OK to plug the smart card into the card reader before or after I plug in the card reader (as long as I don't plug in the card reader until my XP Virtual Machine is running).
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Patrick, WELCOME! to the forum.! I don't know anything about oximeters, (other than when I went for my sleep study, they used one,) but it sounds like you have gotten good suggestions so far, hang in there and keep checking back as I'm sure there will be more. Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I like my CMS-50F wrist watch with soft rubber finger-sock. But, it only records or downloads, has quirks. Finally got help from friends here - got the right sleepyhead version to integrate it with. I have Windows 8.1 on PC. I use the report features of stand alone software "SpO2 Assistant" often. The other day, the CMS-50F clock totally forgot the date.
Bads: setting the watch to record deletes the last session recorded, so have to download every day.
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got the CMS-50F USB model. I works great with SH v0.9.8.1-testing. If you decide on this model and want it to download directly into SH, don't get the bluetooth version, CMS-50FW, it is not currently supported.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-19-2014, 03:10 PM)sgearhart Wrote: I just got the CMS-50F USB model. I works great with SH v0.9.8.1-testing. If you decide on this model and want it to download directly into SH, don't get the bluetooth version, CMS-50FW, it is not currently supported.
How is it so different?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-19-2014, 04:11 PM)Paralel Wrote:
(12-19-2014, 03:10 PM)sgearhart Wrote: I just got the CMS-50F USB model. I works great with SH v0.9.8.1-testing. If you decide on this model and want it to download directly into SH, don't get the bluetooth version, CMS-50FW, it is not currently supported.
How is it so different?

I believe that it's because SH doesn't have the bluetooth communication library in its source code. I'm guessing that if you did get the bluetooth model, you could download the data using the SpO2 program that comes with the CMS-50 and then import it into SH from the data file. For me the bluetooth version was $20 more than the USB. I then would have to buy a bluetooth receiver for my computer. It was just a non-starter for me.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,223 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Go2sleep Wearable Sleep Tracking Ring ivan007 0 66 03-26-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 92 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 151 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 204 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  REM and Sleep Stage Tracking at Home rwelliot 15 5,336 02-26-2024, 03:49 AM
Last Post: DebJ
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 675 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.