Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] P's fun with FFM
RE: P's fun with FFM
Which do you like best overall, Peter?

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-01-2014, 09:42 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Which do you like best overall, Peter?

It seems to depend on which one I've been wearing the last few days. But, based on days worn lately, I do think the mirage quattro is giving me the most sleep and least hassle. But I get a red mark/sore/pimple on my forehead and need to switch out for a few days to let my forehead get better.

The F10 I just got in MED seems to fit much better than the small does. At one point I was in love with the Quattro Air - but that honeymoon seems over with,

With the mirage quattro, I am at the point of slide it on and go AHH and fall asleep - no futzing or anything. So that is today's answer. Ask me again in a month and we'll all see if it's the same?
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
I hear you on the Air. That mask, for whatever reason, was painful to wear.
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like a lot of mask Paula but you sound like you like sleeping on your back so Ill toss in another suggestion.

I was started with the Fitlife total face mask. Its really well suited to sleeping on your back though I side sleep and it worked well for me also. Despite the initial look of it its a very comfortable mask, easy to adjust and easy to get on and off. There are no teeth issues or air in the eyes, sinus issues etc. There really is no feeling of pressure at all with it. No breeze across your face as a lot think there would be unless you have a monster leak and trust it will let you know if that happens. lol.

Doc switched me to a Simplus as in her mind shes working me toward a more minimal nasal mask. I can already use one but I keep mum to her about that because I also have sometimes bad nasal congestion and polyps. Figure no use going to a nasal until I get the polyps removed. Again sigh.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was all set to go to bed a few hours ago. Went in, put on the stupid chin strap. Put on the Nuance (I love that mask), turned on the machine, laid down. Aaaaand was awake.

"I hate this chin strap. Pushes against my teeth. Great, now that tooth hurts again. Why did the Air make my cheeks hurt? Had my teeth caused an infection that bad it was in my sinuses? Did I take my sinus med? My nostril burns. OMG I've got sinus cancer!"

Not the exact train of thought but you get the idea. But I will say, after two nights off the nasal pillows, it was difficult at first to get used to the direct air! And speaking of air, gonna smear some Ayr gel up my nose and go to bed. It is 4am and I just might be finally exhausted enough to sleep. I hope.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-01-2014, 10:08 PM)Peter_C Wrote: With the mirage quattro, I am at the point of slide it on and go AHH and fall asleep - no futzing or anything. So that is today's answer. Ask me again in a month and we'll all see if it's the same?

Peter, what size Mirage Quattro do you use?

Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
MED = Medium
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Peter,

Just trying to gage what size F10 I would need if I decide to try one. Since a small Quattro Mirage fits me best, it would seem that a small F10 might be best.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Does the F10 press in as hard as the Quattro Air does?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-02-2014, 09:26 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Thanks Peter,

Just trying to gage what size F10 I would need if I decide to try one. Since a small Quattro Mirage fits me best, it would seem that a small F10 might be best.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

I would tend to agree with you. I own both small and MED of the F10, and MED of the MQ, if the two smalls are not exact, I believe the MQ small would be just a touch smaller than the small F10.

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.