Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] P's fun with FFM
RE: P's fun with FFM
(12-02-2014, 09:40 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Does the F10 press in as hard as the Quattro Air does?

Not as much at all.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
It's been an insane week and not been able to return the Quattro Air which they sent me instead of the Quattro Mirage I asked for. It is on my agenda to call first thing in the morning. If they hadn't moved their warehouse to the next county, I would be able to just go and get it but now it has to be shipped. Their office doesn't carry anything anymore other than demo stuff. It would actually take longer for them to get the mask to the office for me to pick up than for them to ship it to me. Why? I dunno.

Anyway, I still have to go to their office to drop off the Air. Maybe I can convince them to get the Mirage to there faster. Ha?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RG and I were communicating on the psychic hot line and it's quite clear that your dme has a P10 ready and waiting for you so you can put an end to all this nonsense Dielaughing

Seriously though I hope you get it sorted.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
I spoke with Bless His Stoopid Heart Ron today. He was surprised I did not get the correct mask since the notes said which one. I was surprised he did not get my message from last week!

Instead of mailing it, the local office has the mask in stock and I'm going there tomorrow to turn in the Air and pick up the Quattro.

But I'm confused. The entire line is called the Mirage or the Quattro? 'Cause BHSH Ron said I was to get the Quattro, not the Air. And I thought they were all called Quattro whatever. Like Quattro Air, Quattro Mirage, etc. Or is it just the main one, the one with the adjustable forehead thingy, called the Quattro and the others are just based off of it so share its name?
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
I talked to the ResMed rep here recently, on a visit to a sleep lab's open house event. According to her:
1) Mirage is the older line of masks. They are made of bulkier materials.
2) AirFit line is the latest line. It has newer materials (silicone, softer plastics). So this line is lighter than the Mirage line of masks.
So all AirFit masks (N, P, F) are better than the older generations, as per the Rep. And you can see they are lighter when comparing them side-by-side.

The Resmed Quattro Air is an improvement over Resmed Mirage Quattro. Its was released in 2013 in US I think. the Resmed AirFit F10 came later. You can think of the Airfit F10 as an improvement over Resmed Quattro FX.

I have both AirFit F10 and Quattro Air. Both excellent masks. Share the same cushion so its easy to buy spares. I alternate b/w the two (so that I get marks on my face at alternate places every night :-) ).
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
Never ceases to amaze me how no one gets a message anymore despite emails, voice mails, sticky notes and all the rest. It's always "Oh really, you left a message.... I didn't get it" Well BHSH! At least now that he did get the message maybe he'll fix it. I just had this with my humidifier. I called 4x beofre they finally got someone who "got the message".
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
It took them 3 yrs to get my mailing address right. Even then, they still often screw it up and FedEx fixes it.

Ash, I am interested in the Quattro because of its adjustable forehead piece. I have never had a nasal mask that will not leak into my eyes which is why I have always used nasal pillows. But with the lip leak problem I can't solve, I am looking into FFMs. The hope is the adjustability of the Quattro will help me with the leaks into the eyes. I don't mind using some sort of sealant (like a tshirt or even Macs earplugs) but comfort is the top most priority.

I tried the Air. Second most painful mask I've ever had. First would be the P10.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed actually calls the mask the Mirage Quattro and they portray it as part of the Mirage line. The Quattro line displayed on Resmed's site consists of the Quattro Air and the Quattro FX. Sounds like you might be getting another bogus mask if you do not intercede.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a thought but in FFM the F&P Simplus is the most comfortable quietest and leak free FFM ive had on my noggin. Alot of the reason when switching to the nasal the Eson was the mask I asked for. No forehead bars, no adjusting other than a loose fit with the straps and the cushion does the rest, no engineering degree to take apart. Right size definitely no leaks to the eyes and good seal over my beard as well.

I havent tried all FFM of course but it would hard to imagine one simpler more comfortable or leak free.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-09-2014, 08:04 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: It took them 3 yrs to get my mailing address right. Even then, they still often screw it up and FedEx fixes it.

Ash, I am interested in the Quattro because of its adjustable forehead piece. I have never had a nasal mask that will not leak into my eyes which is why I have always used nasal pillows. But with the lip leak problem I can't solve, I am looking into FFMs. The hope is the adjustability of the Quattro will help me with the leaks into the eyes. I don't mind using some sort of sealant (like a tshirt or even Macs earplugs) but comfort is the top most priority.

I tried the Air. Second most painful mask I've ever had. First would be the P10.

If you found the Quattro Air painful (I am guessing on the forehead bridge), then you may find the Mirage Quattro painful as well. The laws of physics are the same for both.

I don't overtighten the quattro air, and put a mask liner below it. And I make sure that it is a bit loose and floats on the face at my starting pressure of 7. If your pressure is much higher, it may be a bit of work to get that "zen" setting.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.