Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] P's fun with FFM
RE: P's fun with FFM
The correct mask arrived today. Quiet mask but dang, it leaks awful.

If I can wear it and it not hurt my face, I'll invest in some Remzzz liners and see if that helps with the leaks.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Wow. I almost got kicked out of bed due to the noises this mask was making. From sounds similar to train whistles to mask "farts", this better settle down.

The Air hurt my cheeks high up, just below my eyes. The discomfort this morning is much lower but not painful like with the Air.

This experiment is making the chinstrap crap and lip leaks look not so bad. Oh-jeez

[attachment=1138]    
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
That's some leakage you have there. Hope you can work it out. Must have been quite the noise factory.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Which mask are you using right now, Paula?

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-10-2014, 12:08 AM)AshSF Wrote: If you found the Quattro Air painful (I am guessing on the forehead bridge), then you may find the Mirage Quattro painful as well. The laws of physics are the same for both.

I don't overtighten the quattro air, and put a mask liner below it. And I make sure that it is a bit loose and floats on the face at my starting pressure of 7. If your pressure is much higher, it may be a bit of work to get that "zen" setting.

The Mirage Quattro was a royal pain for me due to the narrow nose area of the mask. The Air much better in that regards, but was far less "anchored" in my experience. I find that the new, "comfy" masks (Quattro Air and F10, Simplus) can be a bit of a pain to get fitted without a ton of leaks and you have to find just the right headgear tension to keep them from sliding around with the air pillow (seal) they sit on.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Payton, the Quattro Mirage. I need to update my profile, don't I?

I found some Mack's ear plugs and gave them a brief try. Not exactly sure how to use them so still trying. It sticks well, though, even to my oily skin.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-11-2014, 07:21 PM)PsychoMike Wrote: The Mirage Quattro was a royal pain for me due to the narrow nose area of the mask. The Air much better in that regards, but was far less "anchored" in my experience. I find that the new, "comfy" masks (Quattro Air and F10, Simplus) can be a bit of a pain to get fitted without a ton of leaks and you have to find just the right headgear tension to keep them from sliding around with the air pillow (seal) they sit on.

The area I wish I could widen is the area just above the mouth. The nose part is fine since my nose is so small anyway. But it isn't sitting my my upper jaw right.

PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
2nd night. The Mack's ear plugs worked decently. But with my oily skin, they aren't going to last long. The flatter I lay vs laying inclined (I sleep on my back), the less leaks.

The AHI is high for me. It's been 3.x for the past week or so. But my BP is up lately and I didn't go to bed until 6:30 so I'm not surprised it was up.

PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Aaaaand I fail with this one. "Slept" 2hrs with the mask last night, fighting it the whole time. Leaking like mad at the nose. Finally just put on the Nuance and got some sleep.

Do I try another or just give up? Do I try the SCUBA mask sealant? Try one size up?

Quattro

Nuance
[attachment=1147]

Entire "night"

PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Hint Simplus FFM. Quiet, seals good, no pain. Eat-popcornCoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.