Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] P's fun with FFM
RE: P's fun with FFM
Oy. You and that mask!

Actually, I'm looking at the FlexiFit HC432. No one has reviewed it here.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
How about the Fitlife mask, Paula? Seals may be away from your normal leak problem areas.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Is it possible with my high pressures? I'd be afraid my eyeballs would dry out.

But, no, I think I would rather go back to the chin strap.

Wish they made a nasal pillow with built in chin strap. LOL My visual based mind just made me laugh so loud I scared the dogs.

PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Why would your eyes dry out? With the pressure the same on the outside of the eyes as it is in the sinus cavities that lead to the tear ducts, the air is not going to be blowing through the tear ducts. The Fitlife users also report no windstorms inside the mask. I think that you may be worried about something that has a chance of happening of slim and none.

I am not advocating for the Fitlife. I do not have one and it does not seem to be the "the cure-all that the P10 is reported to be". I just think it might be a viable alternative for you.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
The Lanky Lefty (youtube reviewer fella) suggests a boil and bite mouth guard for lip leakers. Where the heck would I get one to try??
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-13-2014, 04:36 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Why would your eyes dry out? With the pressure the same on the outside of the eyes as it is in the sinus cavities that lead to the tear ducts, the air is not going to be blowing through the tear ducts. The Fitlife users also report no windstorms inside the mask. I think that you may be worried about something that has a chance of happening of slim and none.

My mouth gets blown open (it did with the Air, not with the Quattro). Why wouldn't my eyes? Yes, I am blonde.

PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-13-2014, 04:39 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: The Lanky Lefty (youtube reviewer fella) suggests a boil and bite mouth guard for lip leakers. Where the heck would I get one to try??

Paula, I tried one of those, and it simply added to my lip hissing troubles, rather than lessened them.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-13-2014, 04:40 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:
(12-13-2014, 04:36 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Why would your eyes dry out? With the pressure the same on the outside of the eyes as it is in the sinus cavities that lead to the tear ducts, the air is not going to be blowing through the tear ducts. The Fitlife users also report no windstorms inside the mask. I think that you may be worried about something that has a chance of happening of slim and none.

My mouth gets blown open (it did with the Air, not with the Quattro). Why wouldn't my eyes? Yes, I am blonde.

I have had problems with the FFM with mouth leaks causing dry mouth. My eyes have no equal and opposite pressure on them like my mouth does. Even so, I get very little leakage from my tear ducts even with no pressure to oppose the leaks.

I have not heard you say that you have gotten any leakage from your eyes (tear ducts) from either of the FFMs that you have tried. If that is the case, why would you expect any worse from the Fitlife? In fact the Fitlife should be better in that respect.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I have to say I can't imagine how you guys and gals do it with the ffm. I could barely bear the nasal mask that I was initially using, I hate to say I don't know if I could be compliant with an ffm but just the thought of having to use one makes me feel like I'd be buried alive.

How do you even sleep on your side and not have it push against your face and leak? I'm sitting here thought typing and the walls are getting closer and closer....
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
No, not from the tear ducts. I mean blown open by the air blowing on the eye lids from the outside using a total FFM.

While using the Air, my mouth would get blown open by the air coming in the hose, not the air coming down my nostrils. I would feel my lips slowly getting blown back and down, like I was frowning. If I relaxed and tried to fall asleep, my mouth would be blown open. I woke up several times a night with a mouth so dry, spit wasn't enough.

But for some reason, I never got that from the Quattro. I got a slight frowning pull but my mouth never opened. I never woke with that gawd awful dry mouth like I did with the Air.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.