Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] P's fun with FFM
RE: P's fun with FFM
I completed night 3 with the Simplus, the longest I have gone so far with a FFM. And the leaks were wonderful. As in all below its threshold. I even made myself sleep on my side to see what the leaks would do with the mask on the pillow.

[attachment=1160]

No clue about the high AHI, though. No drugs, wasn't overly tired, and even slept on my side. I woke up a few times on my back but no more than usual. And I never woke up with my mouth open so I think I've gotten used to the air compressor feeling on my face.

It does leak into my eyes but it is very minimal and I don't wake with any more gunk than usual. I think it is because the air is higher, hits more my upper eyelid and eyebrow.

I was going to try the FlexiFit because it has the chin cup. But I think I will stick with this one. What do y'all think? Well, anyone but Ghost. I know his opinion.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Looks to me like it might be a keeper.

Sleep Well,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Paula as regular as clock work if I go FFM vs nasal my AHI goes up and pressures run higher. The simplus has a vent rate that rivals Fitlife total face. And anytime I change mask types even FF to FF my ahi goes up for a few days then settles.

My PRS1 on opti start raised my min pressure with it vs nasal back to the min pressure for the fitlife.

And now I will shut up LOL
Post Reply Post Reply
So you are saying give it a few more days and the AHI should go back down?

I didn't feel that tired when I woke and I was surprised to see it that high. That's why I wasn't overly concerned. And I've not got enough data to establish a trend which is also why I'm not freaking. I'll give it ten or more days, THEN I'll panic. And blame you, okay Ghost?
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-20-2014, 07:04 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: So you are saying give it a few more days and the AHI should go back down?

I didn't feel that tired when I woke and I was surprised to see it that high. That's why I wasn't overly concerned. And I've not got enough data to establish a trend which is also why I'm not freaking. I'll give it ten or more days, THEN I'll panic. And blame you, okay Ghost?

If your therapy goes in the tank over using the Simplus you can blame me totally Paula. And I will take my forty lashes without complaint LOL.

Mine settles down after a mask change after a few days. Any mask change tosses me out of whack for a few days.

As I said the Simplus vents quietly but alot. You might need to touch you min pressure up a tad. I did on the PR machine but your on a Resmed so I have no clue about that.

Still think youll wind up liking the Simplus especially if the small cushion was the wrong size

Post Reply Post Reply
Mine goes wonky with every mask swap, even when swapping back to the Mirage Quattro which gives me the lowest AHI.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Yup...another example about CPAP therapy being an individual thing. If it weren't for the fact that my wife plays "musical pillows" on occasion, I'd have a pair that would let me sleep pretty much any way except face down with my FitLife. It happens to give me my best numbers (leaks and AHI), but that's me....except when I'm stuck with the extra heavy and thick pillows which push more on the mask and cause leaks when I side sleep.

I'm also one of the luck bastards able to run pretty much any style of mask and now that I've fine tuned my pressure. I have been known to swap in nasal pillows when I get the big, thick pillows, ditch one of 'em so I'm only using one, and tummy sleep just fine.

Paula, here's hoping you've found something that will work for you Smile
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes! I found my mask! Phew!

AHI last "night" was 3.9. Leak 95% - 3.6, leak max - 15.6

The only caveat is my sleep was from 8:30am to 12:30pm.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Whew!! So no beatings coming my way????Laugh-a-lot

Glad the Simplus worked out for ya PaulaBig Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
Excellent news Paula!

Keep us posted about how you're getting on with that mask.

Kadenz
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.