Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] P10 headgear changed?
P10 headgear changed?
I'll try to be brief here. I've been using a Resmed CPAP and gear for about five and a half years now with great success and no complaints! I've always used the P10 mask, and because I have a fairly small head, I've always used the "for her" headgear, which is a little smaller than the standard. I get pretty good life out of them, and have found that when they stretch out, you can run them through the laundry and they shrink back up. You can do this a few times, but eventually they need replaced. No problem...until now. It would appear that Resmed has changed/replaced them with an adjustable type, which I actually don't like, because I don't want the little buckle under my head. I have not confirmed with Resmed that the old non-adjustable ones aren't available anymore, but I've ordered from two different vendors now, and even though they show the old style, they keep shipping me these new ones. Anyone here have any insight on this matter?
TIA,
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: P10 headgear changed?
Hello Dangerousdave,

Here is a video where someone explains the new version of the N30 mask and showed the old strap of the P10. The old strap of the P10 was always getting stretchy after a couple of months and for that reason the set a new strap which was used in the N30 which is able to fix the strap better without stretching after this period of time. 

I assume that the suppliers/distributors still use the old P10 photos with the old strap and aren't aware of the change of the strap. You can maybe try to buy something on Craigslist. 

Best Regards,
Jasmin

Here is the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyiSBEMaAYY
Post Reply Post Reply
I much prefer the n30/ new style p10 strap. I found both styles on etsy and amazon for very reasonable prices. Ymmv
Post Reply Post Reply
People always like what the have used and know. Than it will get hard if it disappear, I think this a normal thing. I never had both of them I just was interested in buying either the P10 or the n30. For my external view. The new n30/P10 strap will be more durable as the old stretchy one.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've purchased a 3rd party p10 headgear strap knock off online. the ones I bought came in a package of 4 for less than one resmed strap and they last longer. no buckle.
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-25-2021, 01:40 PM)sheepless Wrote: I've purchased a 3rd party p10 headgear strap knock off online. the ones I bought came in a package of 4 for less than one resmed strap and they last longer. no buckle.

So these are non-adjustable? Would you happen to have a link?
Post Reply Post Reply
Sheepless gave me the wonderful idea to research the spare part equipment in the production powerhouse China. It will take some time until it will arrive. Hint: I would order as much as possible for the future, because one day it will disappear totally from the market.

Cheers! Enjoy!

PS: It can be that they say it is a Resmed product, but it can be a fake. We do not know it. But as long as you do not use essential fakes (masks) and just straps. Just should be fine.

https://tinyurl.com/58yjw2hh

https://tinyurl.com/4t9c5xts
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't imagine these are the only ones but I think they're the ones I bought. better than the original but I didn't mention a potential downside earlier, i.e., the wider straps that cross one's cheeks are warmer; hot in summer. not a deal killer for me.

[Link to CPAP headgear removed.  Instead, search Amazon for "4 Pack Replacement Headgear Compatible with Resmed Airfit P10"'

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the tip!
Post Reply Post Reply
Excellent thread.

Dave
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Changed to Airsense 11, few CA's Stubert 10 319 03-18-2024, 05:23 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Felt like I was suffocating last night! Changed too many Clinical Settings at once. JoshuaApneaProblems 3 357 01-17-2024, 05:56 AM
Last Post: Muggzy
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 8 1,656 01-13-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
Question [Equipment] Is the headgear on AirFit N20 the same as AirFit F20? James87 4 437 01-12-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Can high loop gain be changed? NoddingHacker 2 391 01-05-2024, 12:33 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  HELP! Granddaughter changed settings on Dreamstaton jdmedic 3 334 01-02-2024, 09:48 AM
Last Post: jdmedic
  P10 Headgear paulag1955 2 350 12-14-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: paulag1955

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.