Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] P2H Humidification Mask to replace humidifier
Question 
P2H Humidification Mask to replace humidifier
Anyone tried the P2H Nasal Pillows Interface with HME, designed to replace your humidifier? 
if so, is the humidification as good as with a humidifier?  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: P2H Humidification Mask to replace humidifier
I honestly know nothing about the mask or HME unit that comes with it. I haven't used any HME but I do know that sometimes a ventilator may have a similar HME exchange unit in the air circuit instead of a humidifier unit. A NIV ventilator could have either kind. So if it's close to that method of action, maybe it's not a bad secondary choice as a mode of humidifying.
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 6 124 53 minutes ago
Last Post: DFWdude
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 824 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  [Equipment] Philips Respironics DreamStation 1 Humidifier Flip Latch spring BigT56 2 89 09-23-2022, 05:07 PM
Last Post: BigT56
  [CPAP] Water in humidifier keppela 16 360 09-13-2022, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
  DreamStation Sleep Therapy Humidification Options (PDF) SwirlySauce 3 170 09-07-2022, 09:02 PM
Last Post: zellem
  How often do you replace gear? Dave W 8 454 08-16-2022, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Cellular 4G to 5G transition: can replace modem in AirSense 10? camper2 8 522 08-15-2022, 04:10 AM
Last Post: zellem

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.