Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] P30i Diffusor
P30i Diffusor
What purpose does the P30i's diffusor serve?  Obviously it makes only a tiny contribution to the intended leakage as the amount of escaping air seems neglectable to me.

Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: P30i Diffusor
I believe it helps reduce the noise and serves as a quiet vent. I’m not an expert and hopefully others will be able to provide additional answers. Cheers!
Post Reply Post Reply
Besides, what YipeekiOH posted, it also diffuses the exhaust stream. The downside of a diffuser is it can trap the moisture in the air, and cause bacteria to grow. The CPAP's cooldown/drying feature doesn't provide any help, since there isn't any back pressure to force the dry air through the diffuser.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your replies.  But to which extend contributes the diffusor to the intended leakage?  What if you just replace it by some tape so that no air at all can escape?  I'm aware that there are (at least) two kinds of diffusors.  The vent above -- without mesh, hence not quiet -- is mainly for clinical use as it may be cleaned thoroughly.  The "clinical vent" allows much more air to escape whereas the QuietAir one doesn't.  So how makes that a difference on the intended leakage, if at all?

I'm just asking because I replaced the dirty mesh inside the vent by some muslin as the original one is not supposed to get cleaned.  You have to put in quite a lot of material inside the vent to mimic the original, tiny flow through the vent.  In case the vent's intended leakage is neglectable it would be much easier to just tape the diffusor and the cleaning problem is extinguished.

Mike

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
As I understand some P30i/N30i users clean the vents with a WaterPik-type device. Apparently it does an excellent job. That said, there is no way I’d tape any vent on my mask because I prefer proper expulsion of CO2. I also know of some people who have removed the dirty diffuser filter and replaced it a cut-to-size clean air filter for their AS10.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is it possible to remove the filter material and not replace it? I've used the philips dreamwear mask a long time and it just has holes in the nose. That works fine. I'm just wondering why the filter material at all?
Post Reply Post Reply
Do not block it. I believe these thing also serve as CO2 vent.
Post Reply Post Reply
I removed the filter on mine, no issues that I can see.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 263 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Massive leakage with new P30i unlockingsleep 2 255 02-25-2024, 03:14 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 483 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
Question [Equipment] N30i / P30i pillow attachment fail glomph 2 340 01-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: glomph
  Need advice: switched from P10 mask to P30i rebean 3 489 12-30-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Resmed N30i/P30i headgear sleeve issues Himrent 1 421 11-23-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Resmed Airlift P30i vs. AirFit F30i Jose Castro 2 801 10-19-2023, 10:52 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.