Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] PR System One AUTO 750P going into service mode (no access to set up)
RE: PR System One AUTO 750P going into service mode (no access to set up)
When I left the USA, my health care provider loaded me up with filters, extra long tubes, extra masks, and every thing I would need to keep my bypap machine running for  long time.  He knew I was leaving the country.

If my unit has a bad board and I can not fix it, I thought about buying a similar model so I could re use all the equipment I have on hand. 

I shipped 6/8 resistors some capacitors and a couple of ICs from the US to Ecuador via FedEx (the mail dose not work here - you have to use private carriers).  Postage was over $170.  So simple things that I might need like filters or a mask would be quite costly to ship into Ecuador. 

So that is why I was looking for a replacement machine that could take all the supplies I have.

Maybe not?  TheDSX700T11 on Amazon looks just like my machine (see my avatar).  But when I google the model number a small white modern machine comes up.

Not sure what to do.... Looking at all options.  Hope to pull the board out of my 750P this afternoon and see if I can fix the wheel.....

mraroid

Thanks for the post aJack.  I may have a buddy in the US who is coming back to Ecuador soon.  If worse comes to worse, I can have a unit shipped to her and she can bring it in when she flies back home to ecuador....

mraroid
Post Reply Post Reply
mraroid,
Amazon uses old photos, so it's best to not go by the pictures they show.  Look at the description and model number.  The DSX700T11 is the newest machine, sort of a cream color, not the black 60 series model.

Also, look at the reviews and questions as some have questioned and confirmed which machine they would be getting.  You can also contact the seller listed to confirm.

As far as supplies go, the filters from the 60 series are not the same filter that the DS uses. Mabye someone else can confirm that.

Any regular tubing and masks are interchangeable.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Update:

Last night I removed the SD card. I am still unable to go to the Provider Mode. But I plugged the machine in, put on the mask and the unit came on. It worked non stop all night. I think removing the SD card helped.

Today I opened the 750P up again and removed the main board (The PCA). Looking at the back side of the PCA board, I found a white sticker and what looked to me like a slight coffee stain. Perhaps I dumped some coffee down the wheel one day??? Anyway I cleaned the back side of the PCA board and hit the wheel switch with a touch of contact cleaner. The back side of the PCA board sits on top of what Philips calls "The FLOW MANIFOLD". The flow manifold look just fine to me. It had a slight amount of dust in some areas, but noting to speak of. I used a bit of compressed air in a can to spray away the dust. The wheel switch makes no contact with the flow manifold. I though the rear of the wheel switch did, but I was wrong.

The coffee stain on the back side of the PCA could be why I can not get into the provider mode. I could have killed that part of the PCA board that controls the push part of the wheel.

I put everything back together and plugged it in. I still can not get into the provider menu. But the machine seems to work when i plug it in. I hope I did not break anything.

Probably the two things I did to fix it was take the advice of Sleeprider and install the missing screw. The second thing that seemed to help is remove the SD card.

I will report back tomorrow and let everyone know if it still will work all night tonight after I "fixed it" today. :-)

Thanks to everyone for the help. If this fix works, this could save me a $1,000 or more.

I will try to post some photos and then a link to the photos.

mraroid

ibarra ecuador
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you OpalRose for your post.​

​The diameter of hose attachment in the modern DSX700T11 ​looks smaller to me (as it relates to my 750P).

In inside hose diameter of my current hose is about 21 millimeters. If the DSX700T11 is smaller I guess I could wrap some tape around the hose connector of the DSX700T11 and use my stuff. I would have to buy new filters.

Anyone reading this have a DSX700T11? Can you tell me the inside diameter of your hose?

Thanks in advance.

mraroid
Post Reply Post Reply
Hose end sizes are a standard. I believe they are either a 20mm or 21mm. The newer hoses are usually the slim style and are 17mm in diameter.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you considered that your sd card was either bad or full? You could either buy a new sd card or connect a card reader to your computer and erase all the data on the card.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your post. 

I did not know if the SD card has software on it or not.  Can I just stick it in my computer and erase the data on it? 

I am running my 750P with the card out now.  I would like to plug the card back in. 

nraroid
Post Reply Post Reply
The SD card can be reformatted to FAT32 and it should work as new. If you want, backup the data before formatting. If you are unable to access the provider menu using the control knob and ramp button, you can input prescription information using the SD card. You will need to get a copy of EncorePro or EncoreBasic from the software section of this forum. EncorePro has the ability to write prescriptions to the SD card which is read by the machine upon inserting and powering up. EncoreBasic is much easier to install and use, and can manage prescription settings, so that is what I recommend you use.

Standard CPAP tubing has 22 mm fittings on each end. There is a 15 mm tube available with 22 mm fittings for your machine, but the 22 mm is standard. The 50 series does not have a provision for heated tubes, so compatibility is not an issue there. Both the flow generator and humidifier have 22 mm output stubs.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your post.

I just stuck the SD card in my PC.  It has two file folders on it.  One is called "P-Series" and the second folder is called "System Volume Information".  I will back up this data.

I will down load EncoreBasic and look at the card with that. 

As it is now, when I install the card - I get a error on powering up my 750P that says something like "wait a moment while we write to your card", then that message goes away.  Then machine comes on (mostly) and I see what looks like a SD card logo in the lower left hand corner.  The machine fails after a while with the SD card installed.  So I keep it out all the time now.

Perhaps I can fix it with EncoreBasic.  I need to save my settings so I can move them to a new or used replacement machine.

If I move to the DSX700T11, I probably need to buy the smaller 15mm tube?  I have a tube that is about 6 feet long.  It lets me roll over in bed with out pulling my machine off the night stand.  I worry that the very small DSX700T11 would not being able to pump enough air into the that long big tube.  Maybe it is a non issue (??). 

I am still on the fence.  Buy a used 50 or 60 series (I now have both service manuals), or cut and run to the DSX700T11 and pay extra for a 6 foot tube and all the other accoutrements needed. 

Thanks for your help.

mraroid
Post Reply Post Reply
The System Volume Information is a windows file and unrelated to your machine. The data in p-series will be sorted by machine serial number, and in Encore will be assigned to a patient file. You may use any name, including your own or an alias when you setup the patient. The data, prescription and hisotry will all be associated in the database. As mentioned before, the cleanest install is a quick format of the SD card in FAT32. The machine will rewrite the last year of the patient data when the "new" card is inserted.

The Dreamstation has tube settings that can compensate for a long tube. 6-feet 22mm is standard and the DSX700T11 will come with a heated tube that length. Give it a try. You can turn the tube heating off, or set it for whatever is comfortable and avoids condensation. I keep my machine in the lower drawer of a 2-drawer side table with the hose and power routed out the back. It's clean, and keeps things out of sight and avoids any risk of pulling the machine off of a table. You can tie the hose off to the headboard to prevent pulling the machine and elevate the hose to ensure any condensation drains back. I find that using a lanyard to tie off the hose to the top of the headboard lets me move very freely without getting tangled or pulling on the machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,602 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 351,976 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 366 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 294 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Difference between S-Mode and VAUTO mode - Aircurve MrIvanDrago 3 243 02-27-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,787 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Do Doctors Even Have Access to Flow Limits Info? paulag1955 16 693 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: dataq1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.