Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] PR System One Pro 650 - Continuous recycle
PR System One Pro 650 - Continuous recycle
Hello everyone,

Hoping someone will be able to give me some advice.   I am new to the forum, but I have been using my CPAP for the past 5 years.

I think my current machine may be done in.   It has going strong for some time, but about a month ago, it started to have a hard time to start therapy.  It would recycle a few times before actually starting up.  This was annoying but bearable.  It would perform just fine once it had started.

Unfortunately now it never starts up.    Annoyed-and-disappointed

It is a PR System One REMstar BiPAP Pro 650 with Bi-flex.  An older unit now, but it had been meeting my needs.

Once go into therapy, it will go into a continuous recycle (turns off/on) loop.  It will show the logo, software version (v2.50), pressure, fan will start for a second, turn off, then back to the logo, repeat...)  I can break that loop by tapping the wheel-button a couple times.  That will drop back into the main menu.  But if I try to start therapy, it will go back into the recycle loop.

I do not have auto-start enabled.  I've disconnected the humidifier. 

Thought maybe it had some gunk in it, so I did take it apart/clean it out.  It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.   But it still has the same issue.   

If anyone has any ideas, it would be much appreciated.

In meantime, I think I will try and get a backup unit (should have done awhile back).  Sleeping without it has been hard.  Will probably pay for an inexpensive unit out of pocket to get it quicker (maybe the Respironics dx500t11 of Amazon), while working through doc/ins to get a comparable unit.  I am sure will have to do another sleep study as it has been 5 years since my last.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: PR System One Pro 650 - Continuous recycle
Hi spyral,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It sounds like a new machine is in order.
Hang in there for answers to your questions.
Good luck to you as you look for a machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe look for an auto CPAP, such as a "Dreamstation Auto 500", on Amazon.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
The 50 series bipap had a problem with the main board being fastened down near the air flow and pressure sensors. This would cause an error and shut down the machine. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid118414

If your profile is correct, you are using the bilevel at 17/13, so a pressure support of 4 cm. If you don't find a replacement bilevel on Craigslist (SearchTempest) or other source, the closest auto CPAP is a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset or the older S9 Autoset. These offer an exhale pressure relief of 3 cm so act a lot like bilevel. I assume money is an issue so recommend you look under Craigslist and search on multiple terms like CPAP machine, Autoset, VPAP, bilevel, etc. It's possible to save a lot of money in that marketplace. If you have insurance, then a replacement is easy. Ask a local supplier or your doctor.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,617 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,175 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 379 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 299 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,788 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 3 6,164 12-12-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 10 Heating System Fault JonathanLennox 6 12,527 04-29-2023, 03:08 PM
Last Post: 17WRX

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.