Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] PR System One REMstar 60 NOISY with
Angry 
PR System One REMstar 60 NOISY with
PR System One REMstar 60 Series AUTO CPAP. I have received my new machine (previously ICON rental machine for 3 months). My titration prescription is 7 cm H2O but I have set the APAP to 6-10 with a ramp of 20 minutes from 4.0 and on automatic mode for first 7 days. However when I have A-flex turned on, the machine motor/fan is noisy as it ramps up and down with the inhalation / expiration. With A-flex off, then there is no audible motor noise. Has any one else experienced this? This is discernible from the "tube" noise - the noise of the air through the tubing. I also note that the Remstar tubing is more inflexible than the Icon. The Icon motor was quieter but from the specs the REMSTAR quoted 26 dB against the 28dB for the Ikon.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: PR System One REMstar 60 NOISY with
The motor may not make more noise, but will change in pitch making it more noticeable. I keep my bilevel machine in a drawer next to the bed with the hose out the back of the nightstand and supported above the bed. If you are sleeping with the machine at ear level, in the open, next to you I have no doubt is seems loud, even though it is probably close to its rated 25 dB.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your comment, Sleeprider. What is most concerning is that the machine seems to be gasping with my breathing. The Icon did not do that but was a gentle hum - so low sometimes I was not sure the con was even on. Whereas the System One is much more obvious. I think that the hose is also less inflexible than the Icon hose and also contributing to the noise. Will try placing it on the floor tonite (on a magazine on the carpet?) and see if it gets any better.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sound is pretty subjective. I think since you're apparently working with a DME, you should bring your concern to their attention. Perhaps they can let you compare your machine with another of the same model, side-by-side. If it is loud or defective, you should be able to exchange.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dear All - after putting the machine on the floor, (on magazine on carpet) the noise at bed level has died down. Now just to clean the filter more regularly!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same machine with APAP settings 7-20 with a 20 min ramp. I have recently started noticing a sound as I inhale/exhale. I have been trying to decide if it is the machine itself or the air moving through the tube. It is not 'loud' per se but distracting as I try to fall asleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can get a fleece hose cover for about $10 that will make the air noise a little quieter and also stop the hose noise as the ridges rub against things.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,603 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 351,983 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 366 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 294 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,787 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 3 6,137 12-12-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Remstar -> DS 1(new foam) mw1655 0 251 11-29-2023, 05:54 AM
Last Post: mw1655

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.