Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Philips Dreamstation Auto CPAP
Philips Dreamstation Auto CPAP
I bought a Philips dreamstation auto CPAP in the USA, I live in Quito Ecuador at 2800 meters above sea level. The local distributor of Philips told me that the equipment sold in the USA are not prepared to work in high altitude cities, only the equipment that comes to Ecuador are prepared to work well in high altitude cities. Is this statement true?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Philips Dreamstation Auto CPAP
Thank you for your answers
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum jrespinoza
Here is some reading 
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ation-APAP
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...h-Altitude
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-manometer

I am sure someone will be along to answer your question shortly.

Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
Copied right from the PDF of the owners book for the dreamstation it looks like what your told is true.

Specifications Environmental
Operating Temperature: 5° to 35° C (41° to 95° F)
Storage Temperature: -20° to 60° C (-4° to 140° F)
Relative Humidity (operating & storage): 15 to 95% (non-condensing) Atmospheric Pressure: 101 to 77 kPa (0 - 2286 m / 0 - 7500 ft)
Physical
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2018, 10:00 AM)jrespinoza Wrote: I bought a Philips dreamstation auto CPAP in the USA, I live in Quito Ecuador at 2800 meters above sea level. The local distributor of Philips told me that the equipment sold in the USA are not prepared to work in high altitude cities, only the equipment that comes to Ecuador are prepared to work well in high altitude cities. Is this statement true?

The Provider Guide states that all Dreamstations models are Altitude Compensation - Automatic.
Post Reply Post Reply
The manufacturing specification for export machines is not any different from the U.S. for Australia, Europe, Asia or South America. All machines compensate automatically for altitude, to 7500 feet (2286 meters). Although you are above that elevation, you can still use CPAP and observe the data to make minor changes. Anyone living at high altitudes can develop a wide variety of effects, including changes in pulmonary capacity, hemoglobin changes, etc. The important thing is that you are adapted to an altitude that would make many of us sick or exhausted.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,840 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,617 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,062 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,175 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 379 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,125 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Philips SD Card Format Question Crimson Nape 1 236 02-16-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.