Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Philips Respironics System One BiPap
Philips Respironics System One BiPap
I lost the gray back to my Respironics System One Bi-Pap that holds the filter and foam in place. I think it clips in the back of the machine. Does anyone have any idea where I could get this little piece for the back of my machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Philips Respironics System One BiPap
there is no back that holds the filter in... friction is all you got.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o72AuXqcOxg

now, there *is* a plastic panel on the side that you can put in when you're not using the humidifier, so as to make the side look 'prettier'.... or something.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-14-2014, 08:21 PM)sandydg Wrote: I lost the gray back to my Respironics System One Bi-Pap that holds the filter and foam in place. I think it clips in the back of the machine. Does anyone have any idea where I could get this little piece for the back of my machine?
I,m not aware there is filter cover for system one machines but might be wrong
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm pretty sure my 660 didn't come with a cover either - but yours is an Auto SV which may be different.

I share your concern anyway. I've settled on using transparent tape on the outermost vertical edges of the filter - perhaps a millimeter's overlap on the outer darker grey foam filter, extending above and below onto the case. I fold over a tab on each piece of tape for easy removal. The contrast between the clean edge of the filter, and the dust collected on the rest of it, encourages changing it when appropriate.

I think the tradeoff of 4% potential filter area to ensure the filters stay in place and are effective (with less leaking on the edges) is worthwhile for both me and La Machine. I also write the date the filter was changed on the tape with a Magic Marker. YMMV.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,856 03-27-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,623 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,078 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,355 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 259 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 384 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 301 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.