Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Philips Respironics System One REMstar Auto A-Flex: Humidification Problem
Philips Respironics System One REMstar Auto A-Flex: Humidification Problem
I've owned and used the subject CPAP machine for 6 years now - has generally worked flawlessly. However, in the last 4-6 months, the humidification system has been dropping off. I used to get a lot of humidification, and it adjusted well to different ambient humidity levels. It is now gradually getting dryer. In a very low ambient humidity evening, the hot plate warms up and I get some humidification. But when ambient humidity levels are not very low, the hot plate gets only slightly warm or stays cold. I am always waking up due to mouth/throat dryness now. I do think the unit's heating system is working properly, and because there is some control in very dry situations, I think the control is working well. I'm thinking the humidity sensor has gotten out of calibration and the system thinks the ambient humidity level is higher than it really is.

Anyone know on this particular machine where the ambient humidity sensor is, and how to check if it is sensing properly?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Philips Respironics System One REMstar Auto A-Flex: Humidification Problem
On the 60 Series, I recommend turning off System One humidification and using the manual mode. It is easy and inexpensive to add the Heated hose kit, which provides a new humidifier lid. heated hose and 80 watt AC adapter. This kit transforms the PRS1 60 Series.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-04-2018, 10:26 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: On the 60 Series, I recommend turning off System One humidification and using the manual mode.  It is easy and inexpensive to add the Heated hose kit, which provides a new humidifier lid. heated hose and 80 watt AC adapter.  This kit transforms the PRS1 60 Series.

I would do this if I know the humidifier system otherwise works properly. It doesn't in System One Humidification mode currently. But I'll try turning System One Humidification mode off and see if the Classic mode works better. If I understand correctly, going with the heater hose kit upgrade eliminates the potential to use the System One Humification mode. If the Classic humidification mode works, then the heated hose upgrade kit for the 60 series makes a lot of sense.

So I'll try classic humidification mode this evening and see if that resolves the issue with little to no humidify generation (i.e.; the water tank heating plate gets warmer than it currently does using the highest humidity setting in the System One Humidification mode).
Post Reply Post Reply
I had very good luck with classic mode and found System One insufficient for comfortable humidity.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,861 03-27-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,624 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,260 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,585 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,475 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 384 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,354 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.