Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Phillips CPAP Machine, "Service Required"
Phillips CPAP Machine, "Service Required"
I have a Phillips CPAP Machine, I apologize I don't know the exact model at the moment as I just found this board in searching for answers. A few nights ago this started: it would beep, go off for a few seconds, then beep again and come back on. Then last night it just shut off completely, kept beeping, and the screen read "Service Required". Is there anything I can do at home to correct this or must I go to my doctor? Is there any hope of saving the machine or is it toast? Thanks for taking the time.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Phillips CPAP Machine, "Service Required"
[Image: which-remstar.jpg]

I assume its PR System One machine, here how to identify the model of your CPAP machine
http://www.apneaboard.com/cpap-machine-p...espironics

Try unplugging, wait a while, and plug back
If does not work, report to your DME asap and get a replacement under the warranty

Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome

Most likely the machine is toast.
How old is the machine? If an older machine it is out of warranty.
Also, if older, might be best to consider replacement.
The technology has advanced over the last 5+ years as to obsolete most older machines.

You have 3 options:
1) Take it to the original supplier.
2) Check supplier 27 and 28 on the supplier list about getting it repaired.
3) Get a new machine.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunately, I think Philips doesn't list any kind of error code, although it might write something onto the SD card.

In addition to unplugging the power, take the water tank out of the humidifier, then remove the humidifier and try it without that. The humidifier section comes completely off of the blower unit.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jorge300,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You might look into getting a newer machine as you would be better served by the newer technology.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-27-2015, 07:21 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: You might look into getting a newer machine as you would be better served by the newer technology.

If his machine says "Philips," it's at least a PRS1 model, so there's not a great deal of improvement between that vintage of machine and the latest.

Jorge, take the water tank out of your machine, turn it over and look for something like REF 450 on the label on the bottom of the blower unit. That will tell us the model number.
Useful links.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Look for a label like this:

[Image: PR-model-1.jpg]

[Image: PR-model-2.jpg]
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-27-2015, 04:55 PM)archangle Wrote: Unfortunately, I think Philips doesn't list any kind of error code, although it might write something onto the SD card.

We have a listing of the PR Series 50 & 60 Error codes on the Wiki, here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...rror_codes

In addition, we also have the PR System One REMstar and BiPAP Service (Repair) Manual online in our Members-Only Files, by following the directions in this link:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Only-FILES

(You'll need to be logged on with your forum account to access the above link)

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
. .
Useful links.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 51 Yesterday, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 83 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 125 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 297 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 620 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 197 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,720 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.