Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Phillips Dream Station
RE: Phillips Dream Station
(06-16-2019, 11:26 AM)R Dillinger Wrote: Also, I have an important question for you.

I am still having trouble upon exhaling resistance.  I have my Phillips DreamStation on FLEX 3 which is the least resistance.  

I have heard that there are masks with a built in "VALVE" that opens when you exhale to make it easier to exhale without fighting resistance.  I have some heart issues and the resistance I get on my machine causes my heart rate to increase and I do not need this routine as I already am prone to some Tachycardia (rapid heart beats).  

Do you know of any of these "VALVE" masks that I can purchase or the machine that may accommodate them.  My son in law says he has one of these "VALVE" masks and I will see him today.  He has a different make and model of CPAP machine.  Otherwise, I may have to give up this CPAP experiment although it would probably help me if I had the right equipment.  

thanks

R Dillinger

This might help. I'm a self administered cpap user. I have the dreamstation and their nasal mask (dreamwear). My settings are 9.5 and 13, as I have it in apap mode. I've tried different settings but these work best for me. But... If I move the 9.5 pressure up to as little as 10. I wake up in the night feeling as though I've fought the machine. My lungs even ache. Just dropping it down to 9.5 solves the issue. My settings don't  necessarily match yours but it might be a little indication that yours might provide a little to much resistance to your comfort level. I too use the flex setting. It does help as it lowers the pressure as you exhale and increases it as you inhale. It 'assists' but that's all. It doesn't solve a pressure setting that may be a tad too high for your personal comfort.

That being said.... I'm far from an expert, just a self administering user, out of a doctors control, and with about 3 yrs use under my belt... er pillow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Definitely need to check the humidifier setting. I had the same problem until I increased it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I increased mine until I experienced rainout. LOL And then I backed it off some, and it's now at the perfect setting.

But it did take a little bit of experimentation (with both temp and humidity).

When I travel, I usually end up adjusting the humidity setting due to the humidity being different everywhere I go.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 126 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 203 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 951 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
Question Just given a Phillips Dreamstation 2 the same day Phillips agrees to stop selling Montacute 39 1,467 02-09-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Angry [Equipment] MORE PHILLIPS ISSUES srlevine1 3 703 02-01-2024, 12:28 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Phillips update. Big Guy 0 271 01-29-2024, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Phillips Recall Question... jonesresidence 9 598 01-08-2024, 05:22 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.