Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Phillips Respironics BIPAP Dream Station
RE: Phillips Respironics BIPAP Dream Station
        [attachment=20099]

As requested, I have posted the information asked by Mr. Bonjour. I do have older statistics from Sleepy Head if you want to look at those. I am presently looking for my sleep study report that was done in 6/2015.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Shy Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
    [attachment=20124][attachment=20124][attachment=20123]
Shy Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
The 17th is a 1-off bad day so I'll ignore it, but that day looks like you were tucking your chin. The difference between the two days is what we see between using a soft cervical collar and not using one.

I don't see a reason for such high pressures and such high pressure support.
This makes your sleep study important to find out why?
Post Reply Post Reply

This is last nights report. My Dream Mapper software reports my AHI @17.
Shy Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

.pdf   2020_02_27_20_16_09- Page 10.pdf (Size: 358.71 KB / Downloads: 13)
.pdf   2020_02_27_19_58_44-Page 1.pdf (Size: 311.63 KB / Downloads: 15) Good evening everyone,
I had an appointment with my Sleep Medicine Doctor this afternoon. I brought in the Dream Station and set it up. My doctor set the IPAP 27 EPAP 17, BPM is now 8 from 12. Ti 2.6 from 1, Rise time is 6 from 1, the mode is ST from S.
I was able to secure the original Sleep Study Report, so I will upload two pages.
Can anyone tell me what file in Oscar, I need to edit so that when information is uploaded, it will give more information on the Dream Stations settings. As of now it shows settings unknown. Thank you, Howard
Shy Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Howard, your diagnosis is for central sleep apnea.  Assuming you have reasonably good cardiac health (no heart failure with left ventricular ejection fraction less thn 45%) then you should be using a ASV machine not ST.  It is like a disease that doctors seem to prescribe the wrong machine.  You need ASV and your therapy looks bad, and will look worse when you turn on the events on the lower-left corner of the daily details charts.  Look at this image and note the location of the event flag selector in the lower left.

Please call your doctor's office and complain that therapy is not working and ask about ASV (adaptive servo ventilator).

[Image: 1275px-OSCAR_daily_screen.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, it's come to that conclusion time; ST is not fixing this. If you don't have the successful complaining gene, you're going to need Complaining 101. Note all your issues and complaints and bring these to Dr. Duck's attention and be sure that he/she gets the message. This is a big fail and it needs fixed. The squeaky wheel gets the grease and the attention. This needs to be you. Complain to them about needing ASV so that they get as sick of hearing you complain as you're sick from the ST experiment's failure.

Sincere best wishes for success. Need prep, just ask.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Can anyone tell me what file in Oscar I need to edit my machine information so that it shows my settings?
Shy Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR 1.1.0, working on it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,026 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 124 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 247 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 200 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 228 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 950 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.