Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Phillips Respironics BiPAP autoSV
Phillips Respironics BiPAP autoSV
Recently issued new machine without too much support. Previous experience was with a Resmed BiPAP machine which listed information concerning mask fit, number of events per night and a total "score". I'm not sure what information this machine provides. If someone could educate me concerning AHI (3.6), average PS (1.6) AND 90% EPAP (7.0). Is the machine working for me??? Thanks for you help!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Phillips Respironics BiPAP autoSV
Welcome!  Hard to tell if a machine is working without seeing your data.   Sleepyhead is an amazing tool that gives you incredible insight into your therapy.  It allows you to view your data, and once you have posted a few nights, it should be relatively easy to point you in the right direction.  

You can download sleepyhead from https://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ..  Imgur is a popular service for posting screenshots of sleepyhead.  

If your AHI is 3.6, then it sounds like you are doing fairly well!  Treated is anything <5.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is the AHI the actual events? What should the numbers be for 90% EPAP and the average PS? thanks for the reply1
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-19-2017, 05:39 PM)lookingforbettersleep Wrote: Is the AHI the actual events? What should the numbers be for 90% EPAP and the average PS? thanks for the reply1

AHI = events per hour.  These can be obstructive events/hypoapnea (partial obstructions), and/or central airway events.  Since you have an ASV, I would assume you have primarily central apneas.   

As for what should the numbers be for 90% EPAP and average PS, there is no correct answer for that.  Everyone has different needs in order to maintain a stable airway during sleep.  Determining the efficacy of your treatment you should look to your AHI (<5 is good), and how you feel when you wake up!  

if you are using your machine, and you feel better when you wake up, then thats the main thing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi lookingforbettersleep,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
With your ASV machine, there is a lot more to look for in addition to events. Be sure to download the free #SleepyHead software, and upload your data to a PC or Mac. My signature shows how to organize and post the data. Also, ASV is a specialized machine prescribed to individuals with complex or central apnea. It would really be good to hear what your circumstances are for getting this exceptional machine.

The information you posted is not very useful as this machine provides pressure support on a breath by breath basis, so the average is not so useful as seeing what the frequency of higher PS was, and many aspects of your setup are omitted. We will be glad to help and make suggestions, but you need to get in 4 posts so you can start posting the data.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My AHI is 3.6 but I don't feel better in the morning but I have other issues so I was just wondering if the ASV is doing the job and it sounds like it is. I wake up with extreme sinus congestion and a headache both take a couple of hours before their relieved. Several times through the night I wake up from the pressure increasing more than that's comfortable. Any ideas why that might be?
Post Reply Post Reply
As I said, get the software, and I be with our help you can dial it right in. #Sleepyhead
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi All,

I have a Respironics BiPAP Auto SV, however, it has a credit card size card for data storage.

I would like to be able to review my historical data, especially AHI events, however, I cannot find any way to view this information directly on the machine (I can enter clinician mode to adjust settings), but do not see a way to view historical data as mentioned.  I see on the main screen there is an "Apnea" count, which I'm assuming is equivalent to AHI, but this is only for the current / most recent night's sleep.

Since I have the credit card sized data card I'm guessing there is also no way to use third party software, since I have no way to connect it to my computer to have the data pulled.  Perhaps there is an adapter I can buy to convert to sd card size for connecting to the computer?

Right now, it seems the only way I can review historical data is by sending the card off to my doctor and then schedule an appointment to review the results.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

John
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2018, 10:48 AM)JsChiSurf Wrote: Hi All,

I have a Respironics BiPAP Auto SV, however, it has a credit card size card for data storage.

I would like to be able to review my historical data, especially AHI events, however, I cannot find any way to view this information directly on the machine (I can enter clinician mode to adjust settings), but do not see a way to view historical data as mentioned.  I see on the main screen there is an "Apnea" count, which I'm assuming is equivalent to AHI, but this is only for the current / most recent night's sleep.

Since I have the credit card sized data card I'm guessing there is also no way to use third party software, since I have no way to connect it to my computer to have the data pulled.  Perhaps there is an adapter I can buy to convert to sd card size for connecting to the computer?

Right now, it seems the only way I can review historical data is by sending the card off to my doctor and then schedule an appointment to review the results.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

John

sorry for sidetracking the original post but...

you have a really old respironics ASV.   the reader your looking for is a "smart card reader"
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 203 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 181 28,815 03-10-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 179 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 219 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP to BiPAP... Korndog 22 1,153 02-19-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Korndog
  candidate for bipap??? eok361 6 440 02-17-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 754 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.