Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Phillips Respironics BiPAP autoSV
RE: Phillips Respironics BiPAP autoSV
Smart Cards were used in the Respironics M-Series machines sold 2006 to 2008 or so. They were replaced by System One 50 and 60 series and eventually the Dreamstation Series. The smart card reader is a Mako DT 3500 USB Smart Card reader, and the only software that can read the results is EncorePro. The technology has been defunct for a long time, but you can still sometimes find the Mako reader. It does not play nice with modern Windows computers, but there are some drivers you can use.

You're overdue for a new machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2018, 12:43 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Smart Cards were used in the Respironics M-Series machines sold 2006 to 2008 or so.  They were replaced by System One 50 and 60 series and eventually the Dreamstation Series.  The smart card reader is a Mako DT 3500 USB Smart Card reader, and the only software that can read the results is EncorePro.  The technology has been defunct for a long time, but you can still sometimes find the Mako reader.  It does not play nice with modern Windows computers, but there are some drivers you can use.

You're overdue for a new machine.

Thanks for the reply.  I actually received the machine around 4/2011 and it has been working w/o issue since (just over 7 years).  Given the technology hasn't changed and the machine works fine, I don't see any reason to replace it, except for the fact I'm apparently limited in my options for analyzing the data locally.  The machine cost a ton of money out of pocket for meeting my deductible, so I would only replace should it no longer function (get my money's worth).

You really would think one would be able to access this data via the actual menu system regardless of the age, but this does not appear to be the case :-(
Post Reply Post Reply
We have the user manual for the M-Series. As I recall, you can view basic AHI information on the M-series machine. Something like you can enter the setup menu by holding down the Ramp button and both of the right and left arrow buttons under the display window, while plugging in the CPAP. Once in, I think you can find the information on AHI as well as the settings.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was able to use the below reference to access the "clinician" mode:

apneaboard.com/clinician-setup-instructions-for-respironics-bipap-auto-sv-bipap-st-gray-model <==Too new to post URLs, so had to remove the protocol and www to allow the post.

However, with this, I only seem to have access to modify settings, but not view any actual historical data / AHI information, etc.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 203 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 181 28,814 03-10-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 179 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 219 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP to BiPAP... Korndog 22 1,153 02-19-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Korndog
  candidate for bipap??? eok361 6 440 02-17-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 754 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.