Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Picking Up A New ASV, Quick Question
Picking Up A New ASV, Quick Question
Hello all,
I will be picking up a new ResMed Aircurve 10 ASV in the morning around 10:00 mountain time. Should I expect that the new ResMed machine will come with an SD card? Should I ask for one if it does not have one?
O.K. two quick questions.
Shift Worker
"Right wrongs nobody" 
Mountain Charlie McKiernan 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Picking Up A New ASV, Quick Question
It seems that Resmed machines don't automatically come with cards these days. And yes, you definitely need one so shame your DME into giving it to you. (Otherwise pick one up for five dollars almost anywhere).
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Deep Breathing,
I will ask, if I get one good, if not, i'll stop by the local "Cheapo Mart" and get one.
My sleep Doc wants another "titration study" in six weeks, not really sure why! I will want to bring my SD card with me at that time, you know just for gits and shiggles. This wont cost me out of pocket so I told her I would jump through the hoops if she got my therapy machine ordered. 
Shift Worker
"Right wrongs nobody" 
Post Reply Post Reply
What d'ya mean no SD card?

[Image: mQrCvME.png]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I picked up my new machine on Friday 8/4/17, from Apria, they had set it up with the wrong mask so was able to talk to a real person that sized me for the correct mask. I asked about the SD card and as he was telling me that ResMed had stopped adding them top their machines because of blah blah blah, he pulled my machine from the case to show me where it used to be, low and behold there was a ResMed branded SD card installed! Nice. 
I am not sure why this one came with the card and others dont, could be because of the cost of the ASV machine.

I was asked to fill out some information and sign some paperwork, the information was basically wanting credit card information, i did not fill anything out but signed like it was a receipt that I took possession of the device. The rep looked it over and asked no questions, so i did not need to give credit card information. I made sure that everything that i received and will be shipped in the future was as the prescription specified. 

Robert.
"Right wrongs nobody" 
Post Reply Post Reply
You might want to check the run hours to make sure you got a brand new machine. I'm not suggesting your DME is dishonest but they have been known to make "mistakes".
Post Reply Post Reply
Deep, Good idea, I have not gotten into the details of the therapy yet, but I think it's time! 
So far I am not having issues with the way the machine works, just need to get used to having a six foot hose attached to my face! The my air report said that my AHI last night was .7
Robert
"Right wrongs nobody" 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OSCAR Privacy and quick upload Fix? EasySleep 3 142 03-18-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: EasySleep
Question QUICK QUESTION [mask leak issues] johduv 6 616 09-27-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Central sleep apnea - A quick 5 minute video explanation. Expat31 2 529 09-20-2023, 03:01 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Can anyone give me a quick rundown on the ResMed 'For Her' settings? Robert89 2 523 09-16-2023, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help picking a new CPAP machine. edyurgal 19 1,959 09-15-2023, 12:26 PM
Last Post: edyurgal
  [CPAP] How quick do autosets change pressure? ted13 9 880 08-07-2023, 11:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Quick question for anyone with AirCurve 10 VPAP njf1525 4 646 08-01-2023, 10:22 AM
Last Post: njf1525

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.