Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Please need some input regarding new PR auto bipap machine.
Please need some input regarding new PR auto bipap machine.
Hello All,

I've been using a PR Dreamstation dsx500t11 for two years.  My inlaws are sending me a lightly used dsx700t11 auto bipap machine.  I will clean it and reset it to factory settings, but I'm wondering what you would suggest for pressure settings after looking at some of the oscar data I have compiled on the apap.  Any suggestions would be wonderful, thank you very much in advance.  I'll attach a few shots and if more are needed please let me know.

Regards,

Phal

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Please need some input regarding new PR auto bipap machine.
Welcome to the AB

Settings
Min EPAP = 6
Max IPAP = 16
PS min = 3 = Max PS = 3
Since this is a new machine I'm sure these settings will need to be adjusted
Please post OSCAR nightly screen shot after use.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2020, 08:40 PM)bonjour Wrote: Welcome to the AB

Settings
Min EPAP = 6
Max IPAP = 16
PS min = 3 = Max PS = 3
Since this is a new machine I'm sure these settings will need to be adjusted
Please post OSCAR nightly screen shot after use.

Thank you very much Bonjour.  I will post a screen hopefully tomorrow night after I receive the machine.  I've attached a single shot of my last night with the apap as well.

Regards,

Phal

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Considering the majority of your events are hypopnea, an auto bilevel is going to be a much better choice for your therapy. Bonjour's settings are conservative in pressure support, and agree it's a good starting place. I suspect a higher PS will eventually be better.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2020, 09:06 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Considering the majority of your events are hypopnea, an auto bilevel is going to be a much better choice for your therapy.  Bonjour's settings are conservative in pressure support, and agree it's a good starting place. I suspect a higher PS will eventually be better.

Thank you Sleeprider for the input.  Smile  I may boost the PS settings by one or two units as I needed a higher pressure for my baseline min on my apap.
Post Reply Post Reply
Let's take it one step at a time. Fred has you in the right place to start.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
me too!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2020, 09:14 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Let's take it one step at a time.  Fred has you in the right place to start.

Ok, will do, thanks.

Here are the home sleep study results:

[Image: 50246756057_70fd965638.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
PM's notes:

[Image: 50246773492_6d3331de3d.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
I think bonjour's settings are for when the AAM feature is on, the one where the computer does the calculation for your pressure settings. I think AAM stands for automated airway management. I could be wrong. I believe I have the same or a very similar machine. I don't see why you couldn't have the upper bounds be higher incase you need more pressure.I think six is as low as it gets.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 254 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  My inspiratory time is higher than expiratory on Auto S Bipap Stubert 3 380 02-01-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Machine Increases Pressure Without Input JeffNC 7 397 01-30-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,184 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Help interpreting OSCAR data - any input appreciated da123Afd 4 432 12-24-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: da123Afd
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.