Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: Airplane mode after compliance: ON or OFF?
This poll is closed.
Yes
18.18%
6 18.18%
No
81.82%
27 81.82%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[Equipment] Poll: How many turn airplane mode ON after compliance?
Poll: How many turn airplane mode ON after compliance?
I'm curious about how many have turned on Airplane mode after compliance. Vote and leave comments of both yes and no voters, maybe stating why you did or did not turn it off.

Thanks,
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Poll: How many turn airplane mode ON after compliance?
I turned mine to airplane mode the day I got it.  I had to get a SD card to transmit the data which is kind of a pain.  I didn't want a wireless machine next to my head all night long.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't turn it off. There's no info I'm worried about someone getting. Also if there is ever a need for ResMed to make an update to the firmware they do it over the air.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-02-2018, 08:45 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: I don't turn it off. There's no info I'm worried about someone getting. Also if there is ever a need for ResMed to make an update to the firmware they do it over the air.

Good point on updates. I'd not thought of that.

You're up early Walla Walla.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Turned airplane mode on before compliance...

right after finding out that someone had made a mistake in the settings.

I didn't want to have to keep tabs on what was being done without my knowledge.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-02-2018, 10:55 AM)kiwii Wrote: Turned airplane mode on before compliance...

right after finding out that someone had made a mistake in the settings.

I didn't want to have to keep tabs on what was being done without my knowledge.

That sounds like fiddly fingers DME or Duck needs to stay out of your machine. In that case, I agree, turn it off.

Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I leave the modem on so I can get a Gold Star every now and then.  Too-funny

Actually, I hate the nag screen more than I like the GS.

I just got a note that I can now download the MyAir app in Canada (for what it's worth?). That's especially funny since Bell Canada is in the process of turning off all the CDMA access (already done in BC and Alberta). I suppose in two years I might get a new machine with a GSM modem.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-02-2018, 12:25 PM)pholynyk Wrote: I just got a note that I can now download the MyAir app in Canada (for what it's worth?). That's especially funny since Bell Canada is in the process of turning off all the CDMA access (already done in BC and Alberta). I suppose in two years I might get a new machine with a GSM modem.

Only on IOS though.  No Android app yet.  Oh-jeez    Dang it...

I don't bother turning Airplane mode on.  Personally I couldn't care less if someone is looking at my sleep data and like Walla Walla mentioned, getting any updates to the machine is a nice side benefit.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cool 
My answer was No because as far as I know my machine does not have a wireless capability. Great having a 5 year old old faithful.  Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW a funny thing happened to me today on this very subject. I turned Airplane mode off for a few hours as I was considering not allowing off-site access. An hour later, the DME automated system calls to confirm my automatic supply shipment. The first question is "have you been compliant 21 of last 30 days...?"....
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 221 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Difference between S-Mode and VAUTO mode - Aircurve MrIvanDrago 3 229 02-27-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AutoSet for Her Mode brainfoggysleeper 4 222 02-25-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: brainfoggysleeper
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,371 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] CPAP in Silent Mode and Mask Useful life meaning aconti 5 443 12-17-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: aconti
Question Is it OK to turn on an oxygen concentrator before my APAP machine? EMihalis 10 683 12-15-2023, 12:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Changed my mother over to APAP Mode: Phaleronic 2 370 12-11-2023, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.