Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Pressure problems and valve problems
Pressure problems and valve problems
I am on my second machine in 6 months and after a few weeks the new one is repeating the last one's issues. I am not sure if it is the Forma Full Mask not being compatible with my Airsense 10 Elite so my question is does anyone use this combination of mask/machine and do they experience the same issues.
The machine sometimes has low pressure problems and when I exhale sometimes something slams shut in the machine like a valve, preventing any back pressure and waking me up. When the machine is working, I can exhale exaggerated, or fast and when I stop there will be immediate high pressure that adjusts to normal. I tried this when the machine is having issues but instead just light, fast breathes caused the valve to slam shut with no change in pressure. This wakes me up when sleeping and the malfunction slams the valve closed. When this occurs I have tried taking off the check valve on my mask, but something in the machine acts like a check valve.
Again, could it be that the machine doesn't like the check valve in the Forma Full Mask?
I appreciate any help from those that have the same combination of equipment and have issues.
Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pressure problems and valve problems
It may even be the anti-asphyxiation flap in the mask. I would take the complete system into your provider and set it up and try and find the issue. For the same problem to follow two machines is unusual and if a common fault, would be more known
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Some forum users have had issues with their Resmed machines behaving like this after replacing the filter with a non Resmed Hyper Alergenic filter that does not let enough air to pass an causes the machine to do strange things. Is your filters genuine and clean ?
Post Reply Post Reply
@ ajack....thank you for the help. I have taken it in, I have talked to ResMed, I have checked the filter and there are no other valves or flaps between the machine and mask that would cause this. It has to be in the machine.

@ jaswilliams....thank you for your help. The filters on both the old machine and the new one are clean, brand new and original.
Post Reply Post Reply
Take the filter out and run a test, I had a very serious problem with a hypoallergenic filter that darn near killed me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Hojo...tested, no change...to be clear, I have changed filters, I have checked the filter multiple times and the filters are all stock, ResMed filters for the Elite variant. I have had 2 machines in 7 months, the second, for only several weeks.
My suspicions are the compatibility of the Forma mask with the Elite, that is why I have mentioned that combination so those responding have the same configuration.
Thank you, but I am sure it is not the filter.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Radartitan,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy and I hope you get your problem resolved.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
After attempting to use the Airsense 10 Elite and all the problems I had over several months...I surrender...I dusted off my old Fisher and Paykel I used of many years and have had 2 great night sleeps finally.
2 different machines, no difference so modern new tech is not always better. My old machine kept constant pressure without any issues, but the new CPAP Elite, with all it's bells and whistles failed miserably. Never will I buy another machine that has all the garbage on it. 
CPAP is exactly what is means...constant pressure, not pressure that varies. 
The information that it collects and techs read do not show everything that is happening, including when you get up for a drink or use the toilet and misleads the tech's if you have issues because they mistaken rely on all the data and fail to listen to your side of what happened during the sleep cycle. 
What a nightmare this has been! 
I am so happy to be getting a great sleep, even though my hose has duck tape on it to seal a leak...it works better than that new 'paperweight' I now have.

Thank you all for all the help and suggestions, it is good that you are all out there helping others!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Acid problems and pressure build up in mouth Hurdsy 2 110 04-17-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Hurdsy
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 2 357 04-09-2024, 05:57 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,204 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 232 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 19,019 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Positional Apnea Problems ggibson 13 1,943 11-20-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Jarlo
  CPAP since March 22, still dealing with aerophagia, wakings, and heart rate problems manacles 16 2,690 10-01-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: manacles

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.