Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Pressure sensor tubing for resmed vpap adapt sv
Pressure sensor tubing for resmed vpap adapt sv
I just purchased a used ResMed VPAP Adapt SV because I have no insurance and it was a smokin' deal. I have done a sleep study and did have a script for one back when I did have insurance, so I know my pressure setting and thanks to this forum how to adjust it. Problem is when I got it home I realized it was missing the pressure sensor tubing and distal cuff that goes with it and as far as I can tell, the machine won't work without it. After doing some research I discovered that these two parts were going to cost me about $25 each.Confused I was wondering if anyone out there has successfully tried using an oxygen titration adapter and oxygen tubing instead cause I can get those for about $3 each on ebay.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pressure sensor tubing for resmed vpap adapt sv
I can't see any reason it wouldn't work. It's just providing a sample point close to the mask so it gets an accurate pressure sample. In fact if your mask has O2 injection port(s) you could hook the sample tubing there and it would work.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi kcmair,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hopefully, you are able to get your machine up and running.
Hang in there for more suggestions, best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2014, 02:35 PM)Bama Rambler Wrote: In fact if your mask has O2 injection port(s) you could hook the sample tubing there and it would work.

No such luck but I am going to give it a try with the adapter. I'll let you know how it turns out.
(05-02-2014, 03:36 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi kcmair,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hopefully, you are able to get your machine up and running.
Hang in there for more suggestions, best of luck to you.

Thanks Trish!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  drying out tubing with machine sleepingbetterinFl 2 199 04-15-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 126 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,491 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 649 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 396 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 838 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  Oxyair tubing for Resmed AS11? CactusJack2 2 428 12-25-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: CactusJack2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.