Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Problem with Resmed AirFit F20.
Problem with Resmed AirFit F20.
I just got a the new mask, and the elbow connector part doesn't connect to the existing hose I have. Considering I have a fairly new CPAP(2015) model how can this be?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Problem with Resmed AirFit F20.
CPAP hose end sizes are a standard diameter. Some masks have a hose bushing that is inserted in the hose end. If the mask you are trying to connect seems to be too large, then you have a bushing in the hose. Likewise, if the mask seems too small, you are missing its bushing.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2017, 07:48 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: CPAP hose end sizes are a standard diameter.  Some masks have a hose bushing that is inserted in the hose end.  If the mask you are trying to connect seems to be too large, then you have a bushing in the hose.  Likewise, if the mask seems too small, you are missing its bushing.

I actually have a ResMed ClimateLine hose, here's what it looks like side by side(attachment). As you can see both ends have the same diameter.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
you need to pull the dark gray adapter out of the end of the tube.  stick your finger in the end and rock the tube back and forth to remove the adapter.   was your old mask a simplus?
Post Reply Post Reply
If that is your hose on the right, it has a bushing protruding out in that picture.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys, pulling out that grey adapter piece did the trick!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi mutualcore,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 20 1,457 03-17-2024, 06:47 PM
Last Post: mecutl3r
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,785 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,257 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,541 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,397 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 268 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 305 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.