Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Problems starting REMstar Pro C-Flex +
Question 
Problems starting REMstar Pro C-Flex +
I’ve been using a REMstar Pro C-Flex + with humidifier for about three years. Recently I started to encounter a problem with the device: it would not start immediately, but would rather produce a beep, then after short delay – an attempt to blow some air, then it would cut blowing abruptly and the whole cycle would start over and over again, sometimes for about 5 minutes or more, then finally it would start working and would go normally for the whole night.
I tried to disconnect the humidifier, remove the card, disconnect the power supply, deactivate/reactivate auto on – nothing helps.
Maybe someone had the same experience – any ideas, how to overcome the problem?

Grateful Big Alex

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Problems starting REMstar Pro C-Flex +
GBA:

Sounds like you tried all the standard troubleshooting things.
I'd ask one question -- how's the intake filter?

Likely needs either a professional repair or replacement.

Gruß

Mongo
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi AlexSob,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2014, 01:58 PM)justMongo Wrote: GBA:

Sounds like you tried all the standard troubleshooting things.
I'd ask one question -- how's the intake filter?

Likely needs either a professional repair or replacement.

Gruß

Mongo

Thanks Mongo, you are not just the first to respond - you are the first one to RESPOND TO A MESSAGE I'VE EVER PLACED ON THE WEB!

In practical terms: if 'intake filter' is a small black brick of foam - it is sterile clean and washed and replaced regularly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is there a message displayed on the screen when the machine beep?

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2014, 04:54 PM)zonk Wrote: Is there a message displayed on the screen when the machine beep?

Yes, the message that appears briefly is something like "Do not remove the card - data is being transferred". No other messages appear, including any of those listed in the troubleshoot section of the manual.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2014, 02:52 PM)AlexSob Wrote: ...
In practical terms: if 'intake filter' is a small black brick of foam - it is sterile clean and washed and replaced regularly.

Hello,
what about the ultra fine filter? Regularly changed? Tryed to start without both filters just for testing?

sincerely
Fat Rat

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2014, 03:32 AM)Fat Rat Wrote:

Hello,
what about the ultra fine filter? Regularly changed? Tryed to start without both filters just for testing?

sincerely
Fat Rat

I don't use ultrafine, and the same picture is without regular filer - the machine would start only after numerous cycles described by me in the original post: beep, ramp LED blinks, message "do not remove... " briefly appears, then a very small puff of air and then to the beginning of the cycle. If I am lucky, the normal air blow would start after about 5 to 10 minutes repetitive start failures.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2014, 03:32 AM)Fat Rat Wrote:

Hello,

sincerely
Fat Rat
Hi Fat Rat,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2014, 10:33 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Fat Rat,
WELCOME! to the forum.!

THANKYOU!

Fat Rat oldman
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,016 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 384 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 173 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 13 675 02-18-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 222 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Seeing large number of clear airway events after starting new medication PapaColin 5 326 01-20-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  heart palpitations starting CPAP: temporary? acordeon 4 636 12-14-2023, 08:49 PM
Last Post: acordeon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.