Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Re trying .....
RE: Re trying .....
Hi Tamirind,

I see you are using Nasal Pillows,please make sure you are using the largest size possible for you.  A common mistake is people use a size to small and this restricts the air movement through them.  Most of the Nasal Pillow should sit outside your nostrils and only the tip be inside and they should not be to tight. 
The whistling noise could be due to the seal not sitting right between both halves of your humidifier chamber, or it might not be fully home, make sure you give it a good shove in.
If after you have checked the size of your Nasal Pillows, you still feel you have not enough air, you may need to increase the lower air pressure.
You need to go into the clinicians menu to do this, so you will need the manual (you may have got one with the machine, or you can get one here).
Good luck with your treatment, you have got over the first hurdle realising you have to try to use the CPAP or APAP in your case.

When you get used to it and get things right, you will wonder why all the fuss and it will be your best friend.
You will wonder why you ever did without it!   Smile
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a quick update on this - 4 hours last night - no whistle noise - just at 3 am I was not in the mood to be persistent!!
Post Reply Post Reply
It will come, just try your best, it is not easy to adapt and it takes some a lot longer than others, but sometimes a few suggestions can help.
You have done the right thing by asking for help, we will not judge you or push you harder than you want.  A small amount every day is an improvement and you will get there in the end.
But I have one thing to say "Never give up!"

Smile
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.