Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 SD Card
Airsense 10 SD Card
Hi All,

I purchased an Resmed Airsense 10 last week after my Resmed S9 died on me after 10.5 years of service. I'm writing this thread because I can't read the Airsense 10 SD Card on any of my desktop PCs using a USB SD Card reader but when I brought the SD Card back to the vendor, they had no issues reading it. 

I have had no issues with reading the S9 SD Card with my USB card reader and still don't. Is there a difference between the S9 SD Card and Airsense 10 SD Card? 

Also, could I use the S9 SD card in the Airsense 10? Do I need to reformat it? If so, how do I reformat it?

Do you think the issue could lie with the SD Card reader? Unfortunately I don't have a spare card reader but it is also a possibility.

I hope you can help with this.

Regards

Kay Wai
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 SD Card
Hi Kay - I'm a true CPAP novice but set up my SD card to work with my Airsense 10 earlier this week.  My machine didn't come with an SD card but I was able to get an old one up and running with it so here's what I've found: 

I might try reformatting the 10 SD card before taking additional steps to see if that gives you a quick fix.  I'm a Windows user so I can only speak to that use case: in case you need to reformat, it's a simple matter of popping the card into your PC (perhaps using your card reader), right-clicking on it, and then selecting 'format' or 'reformat.'  The format you want to reformat it to is FAT32.   

You're probably already aware of this, but make sure that you are locking the SD card when using it with your computer and unlocking it when you put it back in your CPAP machine.  This is done with a little slide on the side of the actual SD card itself.  

I would say if reformatting it doesn't work, you might try a new card reader - that's pretty easy to get at any office supply store or even on Amazon.  I just spent around $10 USD on a new one.  

I hope this is useful information for you.  
Post Reply Post Reply
The S9 had a problem with files that were not created by the Resmed from being on the SD card. The AS10 and newer models do not have this problem. In order to save manufacturing costs, newer USB card readers do not have the write-protect sensing microswitch. This means, except for the CPAP, the tab position on the card no longer matters.

The communication with the SD card is a product of your operating system and not any app. If you are experiencing problems with reading a card, try directly accessing it with your PC's file viewing program. You should easily be able to transfer data (a file) to and from your SD card. If you experience any problems, then it is either the card or the reader. Since the vendor of your CPAP didn't have an issue with reading it, I would be inclined to suspect your card reader.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your help and suggestions.

The vendor downloaded the data for me onto a thumbdrive. I was able to transfer the data to a S9 SD Card and it could be read by Oscar but not by ResScan 5.9, though the data could not be seen on the S9 SD Card at all. 

With the data backed up, I've got approximately 10 days (based on S9 experience ) before some data available on S9 SD Card is removed). I've placed an order to purchase another USB Card Reader which should be here in a few days' time.

Hopefully the USB Card Reader is the issue.

Regards

Kay Wai
Post Reply Post Reply
A replacement USB SD Card Reader did the trick!

Strange how the old USD SD card reader could still read the S9 SD Card but couldn't read the Airsense 10 SD Card.

Thanks for your help and suggestions!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 230 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
Question ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse? uselessdetails 3 414 02-16-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card? Dawg 1 259 02-11-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 395 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Airsense 11 / SD Card issues shedawg 9 727 01-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: dataq1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.