Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Pulse-ox
Pulse-ox
Hello all,

I wanted to know if anyone knew if there was a finger Pulse-ox meter that could connect to my Respironics Dreamstation Auto CPAP?  Also, is there a way to get insurance or VA to pay for it?  I would like to have it download directly to my CPAP machine or somehow transfer to OSCAR.  Any info would be great.

Thanks
Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pulse-ox
From OSCAR Oximeter Import Wizard:

Quote:p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }
Welcome to the Oximeter Import Wizard
Pulse Oximeters are medical devices used to measure blood oxygen saturation. During extended Apnea events and abnormal breathing patterns, blood oxygen saturation levels can drop significantly, and can indicate issues that need medical attention.
OSCAR gives you the ability to track Oximetry data alongside CPAP session data, which can give valuable insight into the effectiveness of CPAP treatment. It will also work standalone with your Pulse Oximeter, allowing you to store, track and review your recorded data.
OSCAR is currently compatible with Contec CMS50D+, CMS50E, CMS50F and CMS50I serial oximeters.
(Note: Direct importing from bluetooth models is probably not possible yet)
You may wish to note, other companies, such as Pulox, simply rebadge Contec CMS50's under new names, such as the Pulox PO-200, PO-300, PO-400. These should also work.
It also can read from ChoiceMMed MD300W1 oximeter .dat files.
Please remember: If you are trying to sync oximetry and CPAP data, please make sure you imported your CPAP sessions first before proceeding!
Important Notes: For OSCAR to be able to locate and read directly from your Oximeter device, you need to ensure the correct device drivers (eg. USB to Serial UART) have been installed on your computer. For more information about this, click here.
Contec CMS50D+ devices do not have an internal clock, and do not record a starting time. If you do not have a CPAP session to link a recording to, you will have to enter the start time manually after the import process is completed.
Even for devices with an internal clock, it is still recommended to get into the habit of starting oximeter records at the same time as CPAP sessions, because CPAP internal clocks tend to drift over time, and not all can be reset easily.

The above listed ones will import into OSCAR. They don't hook directly to your machine though.
As far as insurance paying for it, that might be a stretch unless your doctor can prove that it's a medical necessity somehow.
I use the CMS50F and it runs about $80 (US) on Amazon.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,220 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,805 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 203 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 674 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Question [Equipment] Apnea index, blood pressure, pulse and SpO2 stier52r043 0 229 02-25-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: stier52r043
  [CPAP] Need help with low pulse ox data/CPAP data Dan E 5 403 02-05-2024, 03:41 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Fairly consistent pulse rate spikes every night shyrwall 4 327 01-12-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: shyrwall

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.