Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Purchasing a new CPAP machine
Purchasing a new CPAP machine
My current CPAP is quite outdated and I'd like to purchase a new one. I last had a sleep study in 2002...does it make sense to have a new study done to determine which type of machine I should get and what the settings should be?

My sleep partner is reporting that I'm having some episodes while wearing my mask. Also, I'm having some blockages on exhale.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Purchasing a new CPAP machine
According to the supported machines web page for OSCAR software, the F&P SleepStyle machine is supported. Therefore, the first step would be to install OSCAR (see links at the top of this page) and import the data from your machine. OSCAR will tell you what pressures your machine is giving you. If you are having episodes while using the machine you might need to raise the pressures. You can use OSCAR's reporting as a guide to what the machine should be set to.

If your current machine is still giving you good therapy, the main effect of buying a new machine would be a reduction in your bank account balance. However, if you buy a new machine your old machine might become a backup - not a bad idea. And newer machines might offer features that your current machine does not have.
Post Reply Post Reply
On this site they have CPAP reviews that meet their rules. I glanced at the postings and they might help you.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-C...ne-Reviews
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the advice. LOL regarding the bank account. I'll download OSCAR and go from there.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,465 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 229 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Using CPAP machine to perform Sleep test ivan007 3 158 04-02-2024, 03:28 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 193 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 405 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 856 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 272 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.