Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Puritan bennet Goodknight 420g error In1 help
Question 
Puritan bennet Goodknight 420g error In1 help
I am temporarily using my old Puritan Bennet Goodknight 420g while my S9 is being repaired (broken while traveling). I am currently on another trip and my 420g is waking me up in the middle of the night by the pressure dropping. It has an automatic sensor that lowers the pressure if your mask comes off. Only my mask is not off nor leaking. Last night I unplugged it for awhile, replugged it in and that seemed to help for the rest of the evening. Tonight when it did it again, unplugging did not seem to help. I lowered the pressure by .5 twice, that did not help either. Does anyone know how to disable the automatic sensor? Or have any other suggestions? I really need to sleep! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Puritan bennet Goodknight 420g error In1 help
Hi Somniculosus,

Welcome to Apnea Board.

You can request the clinician setup manual for your machine by following the directions on this page (see Section Three):

http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

That manual should give you info on how to turn off the auto-off feature that makes the machine stop delivering pressure when the mask is turned off.

Also, I would recommend that you don't lower your pressure to try and solve this problem.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Somniculosus,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
The only thing I would say is, it's not a good idea to lower your pressure to fix the problem you are having with your machine..
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you more than i can express. The manual showed me how to shut off the sensor and now the machine works great! Pressure back to normal. Slept all night!
Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I am new to this forum. I would like to ask exactly how you turned off the "auto off" feature on your PB 420g. I have the Practitioner and home care provider manual but could find nothing in the manual about how to turn off that feature.
I too am getting the ln 1 error code and the pressure drops to 4 when the code appears. My normal pressure is 8. I bought this unit for travel and only use it while traveling. I know how to reset the pressure, I just need help with preventing the pressure from dropping to 4. I have never used a pressure hose with it and only recently started getting the error code. Any help greatly appreciated!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-11-2013, 07:21 PM)Lburas Wrote: I am new to this forum. I would like to ask exactly how you turned off the "auto off" feature on your PB 420g.
As Somniculosus said the manual show how to shut the sensor off
See post #2, how to request the manual

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-11-2013, 07:21 PM)Lburas Wrote: I am new to this forum. I would like to ask exactly how you turned off the "auto off" feature on your PB 420g. I have the Practitioner and home care provider manual but could find nothing in the manual about how to turn off that feature.
I too am getting the ln 1 error code and the pressure drops to 4 when the code appears. My normal pressure is 8. I bought this unit for travel and only use it while traveling. I know how to reset the pressure, I just need help with preventing the pressure from dropping to 4. I have never used a pressure hose with it and only recently started getting the error code. Any help greatly appreciated!

Dear Lburas,
When you access the settings, it is the sixth option (1st one is the pressure, 2nd the ramp time, 3rd the starting ramp pressure, 4th the hour meter value, 5th the compliance meter and the 6th is the pressure sensor.) Pages 12-14 of the manual. It doesn't actually say off and on. I set the number all the way up and now it doesn’t auto shut off. Hope this helps!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-12-2013, 09:16 PM)Somniculosus Wrote:
(06-11-2013, 07:21 PM)Lburas Wrote: I am new to this forum. I would like to ask exactly how you turned off the "auto off" feature on your PB 420g. I have the Practitioner and home care provider manual but could find nothing in the manual about how to turn off that feature.

Dear Lburas,
When you access the settings, it is the sixth option (1st one is the pressure, 2nd the ramp time, 3rd the starting ramp pressure, 4th the hour meter value, 5th the compliance meter and the 6th is the pressure sensor.) Pages 12-14 of the manual. It doesn't actually say off and on. I set the number all the way up and now it doesn’t auto shut off. Hope this helps!

Thanks so much for your reply! I followed the directions on pages 12-14. The sixth option (pressure sensor) was set at 160. I used the button to increase it all the way to maximum (255) , but it went right back to 160. Is there a step I have missed? A button to push to save the new setting?
Thanks again!
Linda

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-13-2013, 02:34 PM)Lburas Wrote:
(06-12-2013, 09:16 PM)Somniculosus Wrote:

Dear Lburas,

Thanks so much for your reply! I followed the directions on pages 12-14. The sixth option (pressure sensor) was set at 160. I used the button to increase it all the way to maximum (255) , but it went right back to 160. Is there a step I have missed? A button to push to save the new setting?
Thanks again!
Linda

Hi,
I just pushed the information access button until it exited. Mine saved without doing anything else. I am sorry. I hope you can get it to save. That can be so frustrating! Maybe unplug the machine for 15 seconds, then plug it back it and try again?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Lburas,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hope you are able to get your machine straightened out.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New User - Mask Seal Error WJ5596 6 333 02-12-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: WJ5596
Gross DreamStation Error Front Panel drouou 2 184 02-10-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: drouou
  Error 1 Rafael Bezerra 1 324 12-20-2023, 09:00 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 3 6,137 12-12-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] Resvent iBreeze 25STA error code: 609 Mic0228 0 761 09-24-2023, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Mic0228
  Does a Large Leak Cause An AHI Error? BlueSky1958 3 812 07-19-2023, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Apex XT Auto CPAP - Error 003 - Factory Reset? zephyr325 0 853 05-24-2023, 03:52 PM
Last Post: zephyr325

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.