Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Purpose of WiFi on Resmed S9 Autoset
Purpose of WiFi on Resmed S9 Autoset
Can someone please tell me if my data is being sent somewhere without my consent?

Thanks.

Thanks!
Richard

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Purpose of WiFi on Resmed S9 Autoset
Do you have a modem on your machine?
If you do that data is most likely being sent to the DME you got the machine from. Call them and ask. Also most of the time it's only on there for your insurance's compliance requirements. Also a lot of the time they remove it as soon as the compliance period is over.
Post Reply Post Reply
how does one know if they have a modem on their machine...?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-28-2014, 01:04 PM)lafsa Wrote: how does one know if they have a modem on their machine...?
It's a separate unit that attaches to the back of the blower unit like this:
[Image: S9Mode_zpse8be7d23.jpg]

The Resmed S9 Wireless Modem User manual is available from Resmed at http://www.resmed.com/assets/documents/p...ow_eng.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-28-2014, 12:35 PM)ImRichard Wrote: Can someone please tell me if my data is being sent somewhere without my consent?

Thanks.
You might want to check out Resmed's public web pages about EasyCare Online at http://www.resmed.com/us/en/commercial-p...nline.html.

It looks to me like the DME or doc (whoever gave you the modem) has the choice of downloading data to their computers or storing it in the cloud. It looks like they can choose to download anything from just the compliance data to the full efficacy data. It also looks like they can send settings changes back to the machine without ever informing you that a setting change has occurred.

Disturbing stuff if you ask me. Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-28-2014, 03:29 PM)robysue Wrote: Disturbing stuff if you ask me. Thinking-about

In God we Trust; all others we monitor.
[Image: NROL-32-patch.jpg]

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Disturbing indeed. My DME provider told me they do indeed collect the data because they have to show the insurance company I'm being compliant as well as demonstrate the need for medical necessity.

I don't like this and I'm going to deal with it tomorrow.

Thanks!
Richard

Post Reply Post Reply
You could wrap the antenna in tin foil. I believe it works off cellular phone service.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-28-2014, 04:42 PM)justMongo Wrote: You could wrap the antenna in tin foil. I believe it works off cellular phone service.

Isn't that for Aliens?

Thanks!
Richard

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-28-2014, 06:19 PM)ImRichard Wrote:
(04-28-2014, 04:42 PM)justMongo Wrote: You could wrap the antenna in tin foil. I believe it works off cellular phone service.

Isn't that for Aliens?

Yes, aliens...... DME people --- Aliens.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 342 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 104 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 465 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 212 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
Grin [Equipment] JOY! I've been swapped to a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (from a SEFAM S.Box) dbcpap 9 1,240 02-12-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 593 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Resmed 11 autoset For Her mode help! HMG7450 10 678 11-15-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.