Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Quattro Air Mask Size?
Quattro Air Mask Size?
When I first started out on CPAP therapy I selected a Quattro Air (large) mask. In the month that I had it I was never able to control the leaks. I went in to the DME and got my second choice, a Mirage Quattro (medium). I have been able to keep leaks in to a low range for most of the time wearing the Mirage Quattro. Eventually (maybe even next round) I would like to go back to the Quattro Air. So my question is about mask size if Quattro Air runs large or small in comparison to other masks. I may have had my initial leakage issues just because of my lack of experience at the time. Or maybe this mask has a higher probability of leaking. Any thoughts or experiences I would love to hear them.
Jerry
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Quattro Air Mask Size?
xxl, I went the other way and had the Mirage Quattro first for 2.5 years and have just changed about two months ago to the Quattro Air. I find much less leaks with the Air but everyones face is different and something that will suit one person may not suit another. I was told the cushion size for both masks are the same in area, it's just the mask size for the Air is smaller in size to the Mirage. Do you use mask liners? I find they help and having the hose coming from above my head either over a bed head or using a hose lift helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes I do have some mask liners. I believe that I would like to go back to the Quattro Air in a size Medium like my Mirage Quattro. So if the sizes are true then maybe I was started out with the wrong size and that's why I had the problems?!?!
Post Reply Post Reply
That sounds feasible, I have the large for both but find the Air the better fit overall.
Post Reply Post Reply
Both masks are the same size ... size medium Quattro = size medium Quattro Air. The Quattro Air is lighter but the forehead dial of the original Quattro can be adjusted to control leaks and not necessary to overtighten the headgear

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Tez. I'll also look in to building a hose lift. Anything to work out the issues!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a big head. My hat size is 8 (US). I also have a round face. My Mirage Quattro is a medium... the face cushions even have an "M" to indicate Medium. I have no problems with leaks (which I am very intolerant of.) I believe if I were given a Large size mask, I would have trouble with the nose bridge to chin dimension being too large -- and not sealing well.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Zonk and Mongo, thanks for confirmations.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2014, 08:54 PM)xxl Wrote: Zonk and Mongo, thanks for confirmations.

I'm finally ironing out the bugs in my Quattro Air. I use a chin strap and Remzees mask liners. Last night my AHI was 0.1 so I must be getting somewhere with all of this. I use an overhead hanger thing for my hose that I got from Amazon. Also I fit the Air using my Mask Fit function on the S9 autset. Then I marked the headgear straps at the best fit with the air blowing. I do tighten it from time to time. I am a side sleeper and a mouth breather. I have a firm CPAP pillow upon which I place a soft feather pillow. I find I have to tighten it a bit more than recommended because if I just let it float on my face, I wake up when the machine ramps up the pressure if I have an apnea during the night. I also have a Quattro FX, and a nano nasal as well as the swift fx pillows. I really love the Quattro Air and get the best sleep with it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,884 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Tube Size - 12mm, 15mm and 22mm MrIvanDrago 8 546 02-23-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Quattro FX full face mask? Wayne41 5 395 01-17-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: Wayne41
  Philips DreamWear FFM mask size question cps22 0 344 11-09-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Hose [size difference] Johnboy 10 3,866 09-22-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Dreamstation 2 SD card size? MontanaGoat 2 728 08-18-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: MontanaGoat
  Mirage Quattro Question Jimnyc2000 0 503 07-03-2023, 09:59 PM
Last Post: Jimnyc2000

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.