Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Quattro FX mark on bridge of nose
Quattro FX mark on bridge of nose
I've been using my ResMed S9 for about a month. The Quattro FX mask is comfortable, but it leaves a sharp horizontal crease on the bridge of my nose. I just spent some time in front of the mirror, and it looks like the edge of the cushion is responsible. The cushion inflates nicely, and there are no wrinkles or creases in it. I've loosened the straps considerably.

Is this always expected to happen? Is there a way to prevent it?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Quattro FX mark on bridge of nose
Hi hsamuels
Quattro FX sit mid-bridge on the nose, ResMed call it "swing and seal" method
ResMed Gecko pads or mask liner might help

Unrelated to your question, whats the model of your S9 ... you find model name next to stop/start button
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your response! It seems like I'm doing everything right, other than trying the Gecko pads. I don't have a lot of padding anywhere on my body, and that part of my nose seems to have less than most places.

I've updated my profile to specify that I'm using the AutoSet EPR.

Am I reading the Gecko Pad price right? $25 for a piece of silicone that you replace every month? Has anybody come up with a homebrew alternative?
Post Reply Post Reply
hsamuels, I used to have problems with the Mirae Quattro, I use small peices of material made into a small pad like a Bandaid until your nose gets used to it, the skin on our nose does get harder over time. Make sure it doesn't brake the skin and get infected. The other option is try a different mask, good luck with it
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, Tez. What kind of material did you use?

And is this the reason for the full-face masks with pads that land on the forehead?
Post Reply Post Reply
The Mirage Quattro does have the head rest, it is more to stabilise the mask, there is a new Resmed mask out called the Quattro Air, I haven't tried it yet but it is not a heavy as the others.

Do you use mask liners? They go between the mask and your face and separate the silicone from your face and the mask and help stop leaks. I make my own which are very cheap and use the off cuts for any padding, I can let you know how to make them and the type of material if you want, but to answer your question and type of material that you have lying around would do, you don't want to make it too big or it will cause leaks just about the size of a bandaid.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, I have a Quattro Air that they threw in the bag after my sleep study! I'll have to try that out.

Do you think a new post showing how you make your mask liners would be of interest?
Post Reply Post Reply
From pad a cheek - Quattro FX liners
[Image: p6222663-250x187.jpg][Image: P6222662-250x187.jpg]
Note: Do not use any mask liner on any mask if it could cover the vent holes of the mask even if it fits on the mask
Post Reply Post Reply
I ahve posted the instructions before and others will have different ideas, I bought some Remzzz’s mask liners a 6 pack and although they say to only use them once you can wash them and get about 5-6 uses. I then made a template of what I needed from their liners and went to a fabric shop and got 3 ft of 50% cotton / 50% poly fabric and cut out my own and they also last 5-6 uses, the next time I bought 3 ft of 50% cotton / 50% lycra fabric. That last me about 3 months and costs about ten dollars. No need to do any sewing.

In the US you can get them on insurance I think we cant in Australia so this is a really good cheap alternative.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,807 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 193 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 150 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,970 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 170 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Can flow limitation stem from congested nose with nose mask? 40plus 11 646 01-29-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Quattro FX full face mask? Wayne41 5 361 01-17-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: Wayne41

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.