Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Questions about an S9
RE: Questions about an S9
(12-10-2012, 11:19 PM)JJJ Wrote: In the meantime I'm going to bump my minimum up to 10 cm., starting tonight. I base that decision on the fact that my 95% level is almost always at least 10.0 and usually 10.5 cm.
I,m not saying what you should do or not to do but have done what you,re trying to do
increased minimum pressure from 9 to 1o and then 11 ... makes no difference to AHI
now back to 9 which I find the most comfortable to fall asleep

second wind include the climate line
the new standard water tank comes apart in two pieces
the so called cleanable tank comes apart in three pieces and got stainless steel bottom

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-10-2012, 12:37 PM)jgjones1972 Wrote: 1) All have a removable tank...the difference is that you can either get a tank that doesn't come apart (easily) for easy cleaning or one that is made to snap apart easily for easy cleaning. They call the latter "washable" or "cleanable" tanks.

You forgot the important part. If your memory allows it, be very sure you remember how to put the damn thing back together properly. Even with what diagrams I had, it was extremely awkward and it must have taken me about an hour to figure how to put it back together. Mind you, I have a neurological disorder which has left my memory compromised, but aside from that - it may not be obvious how to reassemble it. Make sure you know beforehand. Next time I try that stunt I'll take lots of sequential pictures. For those who have a regular memory this may not be an issue but for some of us it was extremely difficult.

Quote:2) Usually if you buy it with the H5i humidifier as a combo you will either get just the ClimateLine or both the ClimateLine AND SlimLine. If you just buy the PAP or buy them separately you will usually just get the SlimLine. It should tell you in the product description.

Funny but I was given the S9 Escape and a SlimLine. My "standard" hose was a remnant from my old Healthdyne machine. But after the trouble I had a while back with water building up in the hose I have requested a ClimateLine - I just have to wait for funding to be processed before they will hand it over to me.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had the latest and newest S9 Autoset for about a month. I know this because it had 0 hours and the latest software and firmware updates. It came with the 2 piece humidifier chamber. Very easy to disassemble and clean. I purchased the dishwasher safe chamber thinking it would be easier to maintain. It's not. Like the Devilbiss dishwasher safe chamber, one must set the dishwasher to gentle or delicate cycle. I don't have to use that cycle for anything else so I'll happily clean the chambers by hand. It's easy and convenient The climate line hose is also a real plus. It's nice to set the air temprature where I want it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-10-2012, 05:28 PM)TheWerkz Wrote: On the ClimateLine hose, it's also the smaller diameter 15mm (like the SlimLine) and I love it, if you order from Secondwind I'm pretty sure they always include one at no additional cost, then there's the added bonus - it's 6 inches longer than the SlimLine.

Then there is the ClimateLine Max which is the same diameter of a "standard" hose. 22mm I believe.
I do believe my provider is setting me up with a "Slimline" edition of the ClimateLine. I'll take it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-12-2012, 07:21 PM)Ugly Wrote: Then there is the ClimateLine Max which is the same diameter of a "standard" hose.
its for bi-level machines which require higher pressure

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-11-2012, 11:42 PM)Acroflyer Wrote: I've had the latest and newest S9 Autoset for about a month. I know this because it had 0 hours and the latest software and firmware updates. It came with the 2 piece humidifier chamber. Very easy to disassemble and clean. I purchased the dishwasher safe chamber thinking it would be easier to maintain. It's not. Like the Devilbiss dishwasher safe chamber, one must set the dishwasher to gentle or delicate cycle. I don't have to use that cycle for anything else so I'll happily clean the chambers by hand. It's easy and convenient The climate line hose is also a real plus. It's nice to set the air temprature where I want it.

I've washed my S9 washable tank in the "badass" cycle on my dishwasher every other week for 6 months now, and it looks as good as the day I got it. "Sanitize", heavy wash, extra rinse, top rack, regular dishwashing powder, no "rinse agent", no heated dry. I actually open up and wash my older non-openable non-washable S9 tank as well. No obvious harm there, either.

I've washed respironics tanks this way for 3 years of so with no problems other than slight "frosting" of the plastic and aluminum.

They're only $40 or so for a new one, so if I ever have any problems, I'll just buy a new one. It's not like the dishwasher is going to make the tank dangerous to me. The worst that would happen is that the tank would be damaged.

Since the S9 tank holds all the water in the metal cup at the bottom, there's no worries about water leaking out of the seal and leaking into the machine.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually the sealed h5i can be dis-assembled, and I have done it, thanks to a video on youtube. Unfortunately, I can't post a link on the board yet, so you have to go out to youtube, and search on:

Opening the ResMed H5i Heated Humidifier Disposable Water Chamber

or

scg8Nc9LkRo
Post Reply Post Reply
welcome to the forum kbeckman
see post #7 by B36 about the video
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...eaning-day

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2012, 10:56 PM)zonk Wrote: see post #7 by B36 about the video
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...eaning-day

Here's the video:

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi kbeckman,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 158 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 270 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 262 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 308 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 464 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  My treatment fun. Questions. robbob2112 15 1,595 10-26-2023, 10:19 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie questions - What am I seeing? lmftit 0 358 09-04-2023, 04:44 PM
Last Post: lmftit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.