Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Questions for users of ResMed S9 and Swift FX Bella Loops
Questions for users of ResMed S9 and Swift FX Bella Loops
I'm wondering if anyone currently using the Bella with the loops has had a bit of difficulty adjusting and if the discomfort went away after a time? Overall, I'm liking these, but there is some pressure on the back of my ears. If I loosen it, air escapes from the side of the mask, even though my machine shows the green smiley face. From my nostrils, there does not seem to be any leak at all, especially when ramping up. As it reaches max pressure, there is of course more leakage. I really hope I will find the sensation of discomfort lessening rather than increasing as I adjust to using CPAP. I have arthritis in my shoulders and can't reach to the top of my head to

I've only used the machine for two nights as I'm newly diagnosed. I noticed my leakage for last night was 27L! Seems bad to me, especially in light of the fact that I almost always had the smile icon, except for when I was sitting at the edge of the bed, getting ready to lay back down after a trip to the bathroom.

I also have a question regarding the S9. Every time I start it, it shows the humidity setting instead of the home screen. I have to click to set the humidity level before I can do anything else. Is there a way to stop this?

Thanks for any help!
To sleep; perchance to dream...
[Image: resmedforher.gif]
[Image: Sleepwellpink1_zps36e39dba.gif]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Questions for users of ResMed S9 and Swift FX Bella Loops
S9 acceptable leak 24L/min.
prolong higher leak over the course of the night can affect the accuracy of the data and might compromise the therapy
27L/min is the 95% percentile leak which might not be as bad as you think and means leak was AT and Below 27 L/min for 95% of the time while using the machine. ResScan leak graph would shows which periods leak was over the threshold line (24L/min)
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, zonk - I really appreciate knowing that!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-09-2012, 04:44 AM)renatae Wrote: I also have a question regarding the S9. Every time I start it, it shows the humidity setting instead of the home screen. I have to click to set the humidity level before I can do anything else. Is there a way to stop this?

Thanks for any help!
don,t think so .... just giving a bump in case someone uses the Bella Loops
Bump2

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi renatae, I haven't used the Bella loops but hang tight for more suggestions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you mean the machine will not work until you set the humidity?? It should remember what you have set it to unless you are unplugging it during the day.

I just tried it with mine. Yes, it goes from the home screen to the humidity setting screen but it still comes on and works. It is just giving me the chance to set it if I need to. Orange background means you can turn to the dial to set it. Blue means you have to push the other button (not the on). It turns orange and then you can set it. When I go to bed at night, I just hit the button and go to sleep. Well, I put the mask on first.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the bumps, zonk and Trish!!

Quote:Do you mean the machine will not work until you set the humidity?? It should remember what you have set it to unless you are unplugging it during the day.

I just tried it with mine. Yes, it goes from the home screen to the humidity setting screen but it still comes on and works. It is just giving me the chance to set it if I need to.

It works, Paula - thanks for your response! When I press the button to see the display, it shows the humidity in blue - but I realized today my problem is that all I had to do to get to the home screen was turn the dial, not push the button, then turn it. So, I'm good now! Still wish it would open at the home screen instead of the humidity setting, because I like to check the mask fit. Although, that's seeming pretty useless as it is almost always a smiley face, even when there is air whooshing all around!

The first day, had no real problems with leaks. Second day, didn't change anything but the noise was really keeping me awake. Today, same thing. I can't tighten the ear loops any more as they get way too tight. So I decided to use the medium sized pillows instead of the small. That worked! Hopefully it will still work tomorrow! I can't imagine why all was well on day one and went south on day two and following.

Next problem, the compliance reporting. First day, I laid down for about an hour, got up and took a shower, then restarted and kept up for about 5 more hours. About an hour had gone by, maybe more. Machine reported I had done two 3 hour "days" instead of what actually happened, 1 hour plus 5 hours. Since four hours daily is "compliance," that upsets me.

Second day was OK, but it did the same thing to me today. I used it almost 5 hours and it said 3.2! Yet the total hours are correct, and do not jibe with the "daily usage." Yesterday it said 12 total hours - correct. Today it said 16.6 total hours - correct. So how do you add 12 and 3.2 and come up with 16.6?? I'm calling the doctor about this. I already called the DME but haven't heard back. I don't mind that the thing tattles on me, but it should be telling the truth, LOL. It does say 4.1 average daily hours. As you all know, if I don't get 4 hours daily for 21 days in a month, Medicare won't pay. But I don't know which figure they are going to use.Thinking-about

Post Reply Post Reply
The data resets itself to the next day after noon according to its own clock.

Second, I've had Medicare the entire time I've been using my CPAP. They have never asked for compliance data.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, Paula, that's good to know. I was wondering what the cut-off time was. Unfortunately, even taking that into consideration, the "daily usage" stats are way off. Not only in total time, but in session times as well, even, as I said, taking into account the noon cutoff time. But that knowledge will still come in handy - thank you!

I doubt Medicare will be asking me for my data, but it is my understanding that the doctor and/or CME are required to submit data to them. They even include a card in the kit for me to use to send them the SD card, yes, for my physician's use, but also there is required within a 90 day period to see the doctor, who is to go over the stats, and also report compliance to Medicare.

http://www.sleephealth.com/Collateral/Do...0019_0.pdf

"Medicare requires 4+ hours/night of use ≥ 70% of the nights in 30 consecutive days for continued coverage for PAP therapy.... Adherence to therapy is defined as use of PAP ≥ 4 hours per night on 70% of nights during a consecutive thirty (30) day period anytime during the first three (3) months of initial usage. If the above criteria are not met, continued coverage of a PAP device and related accessories will be denied as not medically necessary."

One person reported elsewhere that her DME called and asked for her data within the specified time period, and that her doctor conducted the required followup visit (between days 31 and 90) after which the physician also reported the data to Medicare. I've been told by both my DME and sleep physician that this is necessary.
Post Reply Post Reply
About the compliance: can you imagine if other stuff Medicare paid for had to be proven for compliance? Like, "You must register X miles per 30 days before Medicare will pay for your chair/walker/crutches". Or mandatory pedometers for hip replacements. And timers on braces.

It just shows how the CPAP industry had managed itself to be so big a money maker. It has insurance companies fooled.

They'll **itch and complain about how a person is or is not using a $1200 device but not care if I use the $22,000 power chair. And they'll RENT that CPAP for 13 months, paying much more than if they'd just bought it outright.

Sorry, in a ranting mood tonight.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 143 10 hours ago
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 266 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 351,998 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 258 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 305 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 463 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  [CPAP] Breas Z2 users? acctingman 18 3,156 10-30-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: MontezumasViper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.