Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] REMStar Pus C-Flex reset
REMStar Pus C-Flex reset
So last night I received the dreaded "Service required" message with no other error codes on my REMStar Plus C-Flex. After a dreadful night of little sleep I researched this further today and discovered it typically means a fatal fault in the unit due to its being dropped or short circuited from water in the humidifier.

Well neither of those things applied to me because the unit has been sitting in place for months and the humidifier has been empty for a week or so. Plus, it worked perfectly well the night before. All it would do now was give a little hum and a slight puff of air then stop. So I was pretty much giving up on it, thinking it simply died after two years. Then I decided to remove the two screws on the bottom and open it up to see if anyting looked out of place inside. Everything looked fine, no trace of water or damaged parts.

After I put the cover back on and plugged it back in, voila! It worked again...all was well, except the C-Flex was not kicking in on exhale. So I removed the cover again, made sure the silicone sensing piece was fitted snugly over the three holes on the exit tube from the blower, screwed the cover back on, and all was back to normal.

Does cover removal force some form of reset? Anybody else experienced this before?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: REMStar Pus C-Flex reset...
Unplugging the unit and plugging it back will reset the machine.

Perhaps that "silicone sensing piece" was displaced the first time you took the cover off?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also have a REMstar Plus C-Flex that has just gone Kaput. It is not but 7 mos old. The "Service Required" warning is in effect but neither unplugging the power supply or removing the data card make any difference. Same thing as TxUtopian above, it has not been dropped or damaged by water and was working fine up until 2 days ago. I have not removed the cover as of yet though. Anyone else having issues with this model??
Post Reply Post Reply
TxUtopian and nutthouse welcome to Apnea Board

nutthouse - If your machine bought as new, It comes with two years warranty
Exchanged it with a new one preferably with PRS1 Auto or PRO (Not Plus)
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, the Service Required notice is usually a fatal error. Why they don't have an error code for it, I dunno.

Since it is only 7 mos old, it is under warranty. Take it back.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi TxUtopian, WELCOME! to the forum! and I hope you get things straightened out with your machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
ThanksYou are a life saver!! Your advise worked like a charm - Thank you very, very much!!
Sinerely LAL
Thanks

"After I put the cover back on and plugged it back in, voila! It worked again...all was well, except the C-Flex was not kicking in on exhale. So I removed the cover again, made sure the silicone sensing piece was fitted snugly over the three holes on the exit tube from the blower, screwed the cover back on, and all was back to normal."

Post Reply Post Reply
Remove/replace cover worked!! I registered just to say thank you!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't usually comment on typos, but after reading this one, I think referring to these as the "REMstar Pus" models is a good idea.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-25-2013, 06:37 AM)archangle Wrote: I don't usually comment on typos,
what typos?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 384 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  [Equipment] Seeking advice for reset of time zone richapple 0 196 02-03-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: richapple
Question [CPAP] Reset motor run hours after new motor djforrestidaho 9 815 12-06-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Remstar -> DS 1(new foam) mw1655 0 253 11-29-2023, 05:54 AM
Last Post: mw1655
  Any one know how reset the Resmed Airsense 10? hs8738 8 27,737 11-24-2023, 04:48 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Apex XT Auto CPAP - Error 003 - Factory Reset? zephyr325 0 854 05-24-2023, 03:52 PM
Last Post: zephyr325
  Remstar pro m series two beeps how can I reset? cantgettosleep 2 1,052 05-21-2023, 10:31 AM
Last Post: cantgettosleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.