Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] REMStar Pus C-Flex reset
RE: REMStar Pus C-Flex reset
(05-27-2012, 11:22 AM)TxUtopian Wrote: So last night I received the dreaded "Service required" message with no other error codes on my REMStar Plus C-Flex. After a dreadful night of little sleep I researched this further today and discovered it typically means a fatal fault in the unit due to its being dropped or short circuited from water in the humidifier.

Well neither of those things applied to me because the unit has been sitting in place for months and the humidifier has been empty for a week or so. Plus, it worked perfectly well the night before. All it would do now was give a little hum and a slight puff of air then stop. So I was pretty much giving up on it, thinking it simply died after two years. Then I decided to remove the two screws on the bottom and open it up to see if anyting looked out of place inside. Everything looked fine, no trace of water or damaged parts.

After I put the cover back on and plugged it back in, voila! It worked again...all was well, except the C-Flex was not kicking in on exhale. So I removed the cover again, made sure the silicone sensing piece was fitted snugly over the three holes on the exit tube from the blower, screwed the cover back on, and all was back to normal.

Does cover removal force some form of reset? Anybody else experienced this before?

I

(05-27-2012, 11:22 AM)TxUtopian Wrote: So last night I received the dreaded "Service required" message with no other error codes on my REMStar Plus C-Flex. After a dreadful night of little sleep I researched this further today and discovered it typically means a fatal fault in the unit due to its being dropped or short circuited from water in the humidifier.

Well neither of those things applied to me because the unit has been sitting in place for months and the humidifier has been empty for a week or so. Plus, it worked perfectly well the night before. All it would do now was give a little hum and a slight puff of air then stop. So I was pretty much giving up on it, thinking it simply died after two years. Then I decided to remove the two screws on the bottom and open it up to see if anyting looked out of place inside. Everything looked fine, no trace of water or damaged parts.

After I put the cover back on and plugged it back in, voila! It worked again...all was well, except the C-Flex was not kicking in on exhale. So I removed the cover again, made sure the silicone sensing piece was fitted snugly over the three holes on the exit tube from the blower, screwed the cover back on, and all was back to normal.

Does cover removal force some form of reset? Anybody else experienced this before?
I Know this post is very old but I couldn't go with out say thank you for this advice, I did exactly what you did and my machine come back to life again, dunno for how long but for now it's working Thanks ,thanks again Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Thanks for this great post. Tried this trick and it worked! I can't see any logical reason to it but I am grateful. I was already pricing new machines after researching the meaning of "Service Required". (The machine is over 6 years old) Your remedy has potentially saved me a lot of money

Post Reply Post Reply
likeYes, I had got the "Service required" message and took your advice, removed the screws, reassembled and works fine, well here on my work bench, will let you know if I sleep well tonight.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi I registered here to just say thank you for posting this. I removed both screws, reseated the three hole silicone thing and bingo! Perfect again. This saved me a lot of money. My machine is 5 years old. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Is it Pus or Puss?
Just my personal opinion.  My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact.  Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel.  Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply

Hi guys, fairly new here. Trying to read up several threads and came across this thread. I have a 560 remstar machine. There is nothing wrong with my machine for now but just curious on the following items:

1. Some machines that gave the "service needed" error/message were advised to open it up, clean a part and re-seat it. If your machine is still under warranty and you do this, would it void the warranty?

2. It has also been suggested here that a reset (unplug and re-plug) answers some issues. Generally, should the machine be NOT unplugged every after use? When I unplug it in the morning after use, and re-plug it the night after, do I lose the settings (change of min and max pressures) I placed there before unplugging?

Thanks guys.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-03-2016, 09:35 PM)egzbuen Wrote: Hi guys, fairly new here. Trying to read up several threads and came across this thread.  I have a 560 remstar machine.  There is nothing wrong with my machine for now but just curious on the following items:

1. Some machines that gave the "service needed" error/message were advised to open it up, clean a part and re-seat it. If your machine is still under warranty and you do this, would it void the warranty?

2. It has also been suggested here that a reset (unplug and re-plug) answers some issues. Generally, should the machine be NOT unplugged every after use? When I unplug it in the morning after use, and re-plug it the night after, do I lose the settings (change of min and max pressures) I placed there before unplugging?

Thanks guys.

Just want to add my thanks as well, i just took the screws out and plugged it in, didnt even have to reseat anything. Works like a charm. Thank you! i had been dealing with my primary who didnt want to write a script, and was having to do a sleep study all over again, now at least i can sleep until thats done, thank you thank you thank you!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much, taking off the cover and replacing worked like a charm!  Registered just to thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 377 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  [Equipment] Seeking advice for reset of time zone richapple 0 195 02-03-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: richapple
Question [CPAP] Reset motor run hours after new motor djforrestidaho 9 809 12-06-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Remstar -> DS 1(new foam) mw1655 0 252 11-29-2023, 05:54 AM
Last Post: mw1655
  Any one know how reset the Resmed Airsense 10? hs8738 8 27,731 11-24-2023, 04:48 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Apex XT Auto CPAP - Error 003 - Factory Reset? zephyr325 0 853 05-24-2023, 03:52 PM
Last Post: zephyr325
  Remstar pro m series two beeps how can I reset? cantgettosleep 2 1,051 05-21-2023, 10:31 AM
Last Post: cantgettosleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.