Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] REMstar Ultra Fine Filter and A Fib
REMstar Ultra Fine Filter and A Fib
My REMstar Plus is 16 months old and works well. However, I have become aware of myself waking up after about 4 to 5 hours of sleep and having to lift my nasal mask up a few times during sleep almost like trying to get a good breath of air. My hose is not tangled. I have just recognized that this has been going on for quite some time. I change the ultra fine filter monthly or when dirty and wash the foam filter often. I have taken the ultra fine filter out for now and the machine seems to "breathe" better. I was just diagnosed with A Fib and sleep apnea could be one of the causes. Any ideas as to what may be going on with machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: REMstar Ultra Fine Filter and A Fib
Hi bw54,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your questions and best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: REMstar Ultra Fine Filter and A Fib
(06-28-2013, 09:48 AM)bw54 Wrote: Any ideas as to what may be going on with machine?
REMstar Plus is not not data capable machine (no efficacy data ... AHI, leak, waveform data)
your doctor could use this information to assess how well your therapy is working and make changes based on the data

PRS1 user manual: Installing the Air Filters
1. If you are using the white disposable ultra-fine filter, insert it into the filter area first, mesh-side facing in, towards the device.
2. Insert the required gray foam filter into the filter area after the ultra-fine filter.
Note: If you are not using the white disposable filter, simply insert the gray foam filter into the filter are

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Filter types vs. original for AirSense 10 fotjon 3 117 03-21-2024, 12:57 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 372 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  New CPAP user - Fine Tuning Settings/Mask Help slowmo2000 0 259 01-31-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: slowmo2000
  [Treatment] New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data jgthegrouch 9 421 01-16-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: jgthegrouch
  [Pressure] A few weeks in, how can I fine tune my settings? Keicereal 5 371 12-18-2023, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Keicereal
  ResMed S10 Air Filter Options MoreBeers 9 1,874 12-08-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.