Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] REMstarPlus M Series machine only turning on for about 10 seconds then shutting off
REMstarPlus M Series machine only turning on for about 10 seconds then shutting off
Hi,

My father recently purchased a new REMstarPlus M Series machine for my grandfather to replace his old machine of the same model which stopped functioning correctly, and I have been attempting to retrieve the data from the old machine in order to transfer all the correct settings to the new machine. However, whenever I attempt to turn on the machine, the "Respironics" logo comes up, it loads for about 5-10 seconds, and then shuts off, resets, and reboots and tries to turn on again, just to shut back off. It repeats this process about 4 times and then "Service Required" displays on the screen with NO error code. I have tried unplugging and re-plugging every cable, I have ensured that the data card is inserted correctly and is being read properly by the machine, and have tried several different ways to boot up the machine, all to no success. Is there any solution to this issue, or is the machine/power supply completely dead?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: REMstarPlus M Series machine only turning on for about 10 seconds then shutting off
I'd say dead.... try using sleepyhead to get the settings of his old cpap off of the sd card?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: REMstarPlus M Series machine only turning on for about 10 seconds then shutting off
(07-03-2018, 01:01 PM)dmeRT Wrote: I'd say dead.... try using sleepyhead to get the settings of his old cpap off of the sd card?
It's an older machine, so it doesn't have an SD card, it has one of those credit card-like data cards. Regardless, thanks for the help!
Post Reply Post Reply

I had one that would only run with the card out.
It used to run with the card in, but stopped, so I took the card out and it started running, so I just ran it like that. 
Worth a go, it can't do any harm.
I don't know if my one was as old as the one he might have though.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I used a M-Series Auto CPAP for years, and accumulated over 20K hours until I finally retired the machine and sold it to someone in Malta for $25. This is not the machine you want for dad or grandpa. Let's talk about a modern, fully data capable machine that will let you meet his current needs, like the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset, or the successor to his old machine, the Dreamstation Auto.

The old settings are not much use, but using a modern machine and seeing the results in Sleepyhead, we could get the pressure settings dialed in very quickly. The reason I'd like to see you get the Resmed is that the pressure is more like a bilevel, and for an older person, like myself or your grandpa, it can make breathing easier. We can help you to get the best results and comfort from a new machine, but dialing back the clock and using an antique is not the answer. First, he is insured through Medicare. He has a history of use for CPAP. Get his primary physician to write the prescription for Auto CPAP and self-titration. He can "assist" by providing prescription services and follow-up on effectiveness. We can do the rest. A sleep test might be required, but don't assume that is the case. Get his primary physician onboard to write a script for the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset at 7.0 to 14.0 cm pressure. The rest is finding a Medicare provider to fulfill the prescription and submit the claim.

These modern machines are also available on Craigslist, Amazon and other lower price sellers. Don't try to make a M-Series work. I can tell you from personal experience, the newer machines are much better. Come-on, when was the last time you found driving a 15 year old car better than a new one. Spend the inheritance.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,128 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Respironic BiPAP M series pressure settings jamesmck 3 557 09-17-2023, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Remstar pro m series two beeps how can I reset? cantgettosleep 2 1,051 05-21-2023, 10:31 AM
Last Post: cantgettosleep
  Help fine turning APAP settings for better night sleep livsmonster 4 785 04-26-2023, 12:47 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Philips Bipap auto sv advanced series one keithy62 5 595 03-23-2023, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself kklein 4 3,482 03-09-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: kklein
  IBreeze - Shutting Off rg69 8 2,111 02-05-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: Dray4306

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.