Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] RESMED S9 Need some help. reading same info every day.
RESMED S9 Need some help. reading same info every day.
I did a search on here, maybe I'm not searching the right thing. my morning routine, I like to see what my pressure is at when I first get up. so I hit the info button before turning off, see what the pressure is. Then I'll turn off the machine remove mask, hit the info button again to see what my AHI level was and how many hours I used the machine that night. Its kinda like a notice of how I am going to feel that day.
Now to my question, I get to see my pressure, but the other info isn't changing. it has remained the same for a couple weeks now. What made me notice it not varying, There are nights I know I used it longer or shorter than stated.
I've removed the card, and downloaded info into the res scan program. no change.
please someone with a better understanding point me in the right direction. I'll apologize , if this has been answered before, I'm relatively new to this machine, still learning all I can about it, and my apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: RESMED S9 Need some help. reading same info every day.
It can happen sometimes, unplug machine from power outlet, wait few minutes ... plug machine
rebooting may helps machine to reset
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Zonk, I'll give that a try and update later.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure what the "other info" is that's not changing, but in the setup, you can select options for averaging the readings, like for one day average, week average, monthly average etc. If it's set for one of the longer term averages, it very well could remain the same for several days, since it's averaging the data for a long time period. I'd make sure that your data is set for the previous night only, if you want to see that data only.

Not sure I explained this correctly, but this could be the issue. Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-28-2013, 11:20 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: I'd make sure that your data is set for the previous night only, if you want to see that data only.
SuperSleeper is correct, he can read between the lines
You need to change the period to "1 day" otherwise averages might not change by much

* From the "sleep Report" screen, press the push dial (period should be highlighted)
* Press the push dial again - period should be highlighted in orange
* Turn the push dial to change the period to 1 day
* Press the push dial again to confirm
[Image: s9-pic2.jpg]

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks supersleeper and Zonk, When I first started to use this machine, I set the period for 1 day. I did what Zonk suggested earlier last night. This morning, I got a different reading. slept 8.2 hours, with an AHI of 0.2. Now for the last couple of weeks it would say used 6.3 hours with a AHI of 0.4. I knew on several occasions I had slept longer than that. shorter at times also. Sad
I like looking at this in the mornings. for me its like giving some one a placebo sugar pill, to make them think they are feeling good. I tell myself I slept good so now you've got the energy to tackle some more projects. Smile

Thanks again for the help and info.
Post Reply Post Reply
There have been a few threads where it was suggested that the machine should be unplugged every once in a while. If that's true, wouldn't that warrant some kind of manufacturer response? A firmware update maybe?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2013, 03:32 PM)Paptillian Wrote: There have been a few threads where it was suggested that the machine should be unplugged every once in a while. If that's true, wouldn't that warrant some kind of manufacturer response? A firmware update maybe?

Perhaps it does. I know there have been some new firmware updates since I purchased my S9 AutoSet over two years ago... Unfortunately, the CPAP manufacturers don't provide end-users with any way to upgrade to a newer firmware version - that only comes if you purchase a new machine. I think they're too paranoid about giving away the farm to potential competitors who might steal/copy the firmware and use the code in their own machines.

That said, as the default computer go-to guy in my family, I always tell my friends and family that "rebooting solves 90% of all computer problems". While that's true, it's better to have Operating System coding that doesn't require reboots as a problem-solving method. That's one of the reasons I like Linux - seldom has issues or anything that requires a reboot.

Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2013, 03:32 PM)Paptillian Wrote: There have been a few threads where it was suggested that the machine should be unplugged every once in a while. If that's true, wouldn't that warrant some kind of manufacturer response? A firmware update maybe?
ResMed say to unplug the machine before removing the SD card, I don,t follow but been suggested to wait few minutes after stopping the machine before removing the card

Post Reply Post Reply
UPDATE: I have been using the machine, and it has been reading out just fine. different every morning. So unplugging it periodically is the trick to keep this machine running normally. Just like every other kind of technology nowadays.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 139 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 20 994 03-08-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  Resvent iBreeze APAP and BiPAP info TechieHippie 2 263 02-04-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Help with reading OSCAR and adjusting settings deirdrepen 2 243 01-24-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  Do Doctors Even Have Access to Flow Limits Info? paulag1955 16 698 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  Help reading Oscar Charts Wisurid 3 386 12-25-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions] PHXSleeper 127 19,671 12-17-2023, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Tampa Jim

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.