Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Rainout
RE: Rainout
Hi there, I have used a tube cover that I purchased when I bought my S9 this last February but, with the heated hose, I found I didn't need it. I think the machine will compensate as far as the heated hose goes if you have a tube wrap on it, I never noticed any overheating when I used one but it isn't necessary since the machine has the heated hose.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I know that this may sound obvious but, good it be that your climate line hose is not properly attached? Perhaps the hose is defective, of maybe even the setup wasn't or is no longer set to the "Climate Line" setting.

I have the S9 with climate line, and mine is set to 30, and I have never had any rainout issues.

Good luck in trying to resolve this problem....I hate rainout that is why a switched to the S9 with Climate line.
Post Reply Post Reply
The air that travels through the CPAP hose has a dew point. If the temperature of the air in your hose falls below this dewpoint, you'll get condensation (rainout) in the hose. The reason for keeping the machine on the floor is so that the water in the hose will run downhill towards the machine, instead of downhill towards your mask.

To prevent rainout you have to keep the dewpoint of the air below the temperature of the air. To do this you can lower the humidity, raise the temperature by heating it, insulate the hose, keep the bedroom warmer, or all of the above.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all for your replies. Yes it's connected correctly. It's also on the floor. Had it again last night drip drip drip....might try the hose cover and see. There are mixed reports about using a hose cover on the heated hose. Some say yes it's ok others say no. It's only happened since I have had the new mask, quite bizarre
Post Reply Post Reply
Check the water level is not filled above the top yellow marker. If the climate line engaged correctly and climate control on auto and still get water gargling (not just some moisture in the mask) than assume its faulty.
Its covered by warranty for two years, the extended warranty does not apply to the humidifier
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-07-2012, 06:55 PM)zonk Wrote: Check the water level is not filled above the top yellow marker. If the climate line engaged correctly and climate control on auto and still get water gargling (not just some moisture in the mask) than assume its faulty.
Its covered by warranty for two years, the extended warranty does not apply to the humidifier

Hey Zonk, yep water level is ok. I'm going to change the humidity level to 1 then turn the temp up to about 26 tonight, and see if that makes a difference.Will just have to experiment. Will post results tomorrow
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-07-2012, 07:08 PM)weeble Wrote: I'm going to change the humidity level to 1 then turn the temp up to about 26 tonight, and see if that makes a difference.Will just have to experiment. Will post results tomorrow
Try setting the climate control on auto. On auto it protects against rainout and you only set the temp to your preference. Manual mode doesn't give the same protection which you,re using at the moment setting the humidity and temp separately

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes Zonk, that's what I meant about the setting to use the climate line automatically. It can be set to a temperature with auto adjust for humidity. I'm sorry that I didn't explain myself better the first time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just checked the settings and it says Climate Control Auto. Hmmmmm
Post Reply Post Reply
No problem. Have you got the manual? Its available by email - scroll down to section three
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

You need to change the setting of "Climate Control" in the clinical menu (options) to Auto
The other way which I use is set the Climate Control in the clinical menu to patient and that gives the option in the home screen (press the setup button) to choose either Auto or Manual
http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tube Temp and Humidity Setting To Avoid Rainout tomkelly 10 254 04-11-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: tomkelly
  How to prevent rainout? Dariex 6 166 04-08-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 159 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  [Equipment] ResMed rainout help Sorcha 2 414 12-29-2023, 04:00 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  How do I stop this rainout?!?! Please help tierdal 17 1,293 12-12-2023, 08:59 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Rainout prevention - dry mouth issue BlueSky1958 5 607 11-22-2023, 10:05 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  Constantly Rainout with Climateline all of a sudden, help? tierdal 6 812 09-21-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Lucky7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.